• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK... which one of you bought this?

16 posts in this topic

you know AF#15 is starting to gain on Hulk 181 as one of my most despised thread topics. It seems like a thread cannot help but mention Hammer's name when it comes to AF#15. Every AF#15 out there is forever tainted by his presence whether he has touched it or not. Just the idea he may have had possession of it, will cause some unease.

hey Valiantman, is AF#15 the most submitted resotred book in the census? There have been 188 submissions for restored books to date.

it's always good to mention Comic-Keys when discussing keys, there's always newbies and lurkers who need the 411 on the chop shop doctor. 27_laughing.gifgossip.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I agree, but his influence has tainted even books that he has no involvement with, which is not good.

After seeing the first reply on Newsrama, I couldn't help it....... sorry.gif

Who is "killeroffools"? I thought it might be Brian, but I'm not sure.

After seeing the first reply on Newsrama, I couldn't help it....... sorry.gif

I thought the same thing Rip, which is a shame. I feel sorry for the honest person who will try to sell a raw copy of AF#15 on Ebay. Of course if they don't get it slabbed then they deserve what thet get. 27_laughing.gif

yes... it's me. Whoever that numbskull was over on the CPG boards who was insisting selling a 9.6 book raw makes as much sense as selling it CGC'd, made me suddenly feel the need to respond to any post citing any comic keys sale as "legitimate" for market purposes. You can't even see who bid on the freakin' thing.

If you're talking about "filmguy" on the CPG boards, don't waste your time on him. He's just a bored teenager/scam artist who pretends to have some huge Batman collection that he is supposedly selling. He steals scans from the internet and sends them around via email to CPG users so they'll believe he has some massive collection to sell. He's been through three or four different IDs, and even though people know it's the same guy, they still treat his posts as though they are meant for serious consumption. 27_laughing.gif

yes... it's me. Whoever that numbskull was over on the CPG boards who was insisting selling a 9.6 book raw makes as much sense as selling it CGC'd, made me suddenly feel the need to respond to any post citing any comic keys sale as "legitimate" for market purposes. You can't even see who bid on the freakin' thing.

thanks for the info... I hadn't actually seen him before... but the more he emailed me (after I referred him out to Vincent) I started to realize he clearly wasn't legit. I'm not around the CPG boards to notice the posting style, but he outed himself during the last thread concerning CGC values and keeping a collection "raw". Just another fraud unforutnately.

hey Valiantman, is AF#15 the most submitted resotred book in the census? There have been 188 submissions for restored books to date.

Yes... AF15 is the most often submitted restored book.

202 according to the 5/24 census update.

A very close second is ASM1 at 196.

What might be surprising is that #3 most restored is X-Men 94 (155).

It's suprising because #4 most restored is X-Men 1 (153).

Fifth and sixth place are also close... Hulk 181 (128) and Fantastic Four 1 (123)

No other books have reached 100 restored copies on the census...

Daredevil 1 is closest with 96.