• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best (non-greytone) WAR COMIC cover nomination thread-No superhero books, please

127 posts in this topic

766270-ssws151.jpg

^^

/thread

Another great book, but let's just keep the thread open for a bit longer. 2c

:shy:

Isn't that a greytone?

Sorry for my late reply. The comic is colored in grey hues, but it is not a "washtone/greytone".

mm58-1.jpg

Another bit of info that I must add right now is this; I'm looking for the best cover of a war comic book, and although there are an enormous amount of great covers from books that may not be considered "war" books, I must disallow them from being entered.

I'm actually doing this for the Overstreet Price Guide's "The War Report", and a couple years back a task was set out to determine what constitutes a war comic. Here some excerpts from War Report #1:

So we set parameters that narrowed the filed by characterizing war comics as “stories centered on the military, which is involved in armed conflicts.

We also employed the notion that:

“Any war story blended with a superhero is by definition a ‘Fantasy’ story and not a war story”

This really helped us stay focused on the core of what “War Comics” are.

So, again, even though there are some fantastic covers with war on them, if they don't fit the definition of "war comic", they won't be entered in this contest. :sorry:

Andy