• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On the cover of a Simpsons comic!!!!

75 posts in this topic

Has it been infected or did i just not notice that back in the day? I remember they would always let me in their back issue store room and i would pick out GA,SA, BA books on the cheap. Cliff was always cool with me.

Perhaps i have my shops confused. Anyways any interesting finds in the ATL area lately or is that another thread.......i could spend a whole day driving around Atlanta looking for books.

2 newstands, 2 strikeouts. I did find some Print is Dead one's but that's it.

I called a local B&N...asked if he had comics....he says...

YOU MEAN THOSE THINGS DRUG STORES USED TO HAVE????

yeah, those 'things' are what i'm looking for. :screwy:

A friend mentioned he thinks he scored a newsstand variant but won't know until he picks it up tomorrow. Still no idea what it says on the 5th cover.

I've tried 6 spots and found zero, ziltch....nada....

Where is Bongo shipping them to?

*grumble*

Would newsstand owners even be aware of ordering an obscure comic called "Ralph Wiggum" for their "newsstand" space? I don't think so!

I bet only 10 were printed and given to creators as comp copies.

I tried a dozen spots in my area and still nothin.

:pullhair::Pdoh!

No luck here.....but on the brighter side i went to a Craigslist $1 sale and picked up some cool books and im going back on Sunday. Anyone find a Ralph Wiggum News Stand Variant yet?

I saw a glimmer of hope tonight when I checked a real dive of a food mart quik e spot. On their newsstand they had one lone Simpsons Comics #187. This is a straight up 1980s looking store with an old newsstand section and maybe they'll get something in a couple weeks.

The cashier couldn't tell me what day they get new magazines. I asked Tuesday? and he just nodded his head saying...."yea, on Tuesday, uh huh uh huh."

*ugh*

I hope Bongo never makes variants like these ever again.