• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Since when did this become Pop Culture general

68 posts in this topic

There is more about movies, tv shows, etc on this forum now than comics. I thought that was what the water cooler was for. Just saying

We are getting cultured here in CG.

I'll be starting a Shakespeare play thread soon.

Who do you think would make a good Lady Macbeth? DiceX? hm

As long as I get to say "Thou cream faced loon!"

I thought this forum was "complain about comics general, general". In which case, you've contributed nicely.

I thought this forum was "complain about comics general, general". In which case, you've contributed nicely.
:applause: but it only deserves a small butthurt th_SB168.jpg

There is more about movies, tv shows, etc on this forum now than comics. I thought that was what the water cooler was for. Just saying

I wanted to take the time to respond to this thread, but things have been hectic to say the least. That being said, I do agree Dale, that at times 'Comics General' does tend to have some more 'general' topics in it than 'comics.' Still, most if not all of the things discussed in this area encompass the collectibles and pop culture fields overall. These fields do overlap as a lot of collectors (including myself) not only 'cross collect', but have broad interests as well.

Personally, I could do without any 'locker room' immaturity and the objectifying of women that does happen from time to time on this forum. That bothers me more than anything else. That is just my opinion. Luckily though, that consists of less than 5% of this total forum overall (percentage estimate taken by personal observation; not fact); and is limited to a few individuals to say the least.

On the other hand, I do think it is important to discuss topics related to what is happening in other 'related' collectible fields or what is happening in other 'mediums.' I also think it is key to discuss issues like shipping, insurance, storage, maintenance, and auction related issues. Price should also be discussed as this is a critical aspect of any area of collecting interest. Of course, I am only one of many opinions; and there are forum members who have a lot more time to spend on here than myself. Therefore, in all actuality, those members who post the most, tend to set the 'mood' of the forum overall, would you not agree?

Respectfully,

'mint'

Wait.... you mean "comics general" is what the topics are supposed to be about :o:o

I thought it was what area of comic collecting "the poster" felt most connected to :sorry:

Maybe the mods need to be retrained. They are getting lax. They are letting stuff slide that should be met with instant correction and/or punishment :sumo: