• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Comics March Auction

53 posts in this topic

I used to like Doug's auctions but lately they are just BORING. It's the same old stuff, uber high graded Silver Age Marvel. He really needs to expand his horizons as some of us like DC and a little GA in the mix wouldn't hurt. I don't know if other collectors are feeling like me but it is no longer possible to get excited about this stuff. Do they manufacture a pill for this condition ?

Actually, this last auction had more GA stuff (even if that only translates to a handful of books) than I can remember....

Maybe, but when you compare his auctions to Clink, there is no comparison, much more variety with Clink.

Indeed. Doug has always been associated with HG Marvel Silver so I take most of his consignors limit the books to that category :(

But you make a valid point...more variety wouldn't hurt.

Man, Doug is not doing himself any favours. Some of those auction prices are so low he'd be better off paying someone 10%.

:eek:

Doug took a hit of 5k on the Thor 126 9.8

That issue has always been awfully over priced anyways, IMO.

I disagree. In the last 5 years, I can only recall 1 sale in 9.6 ( and only recently another privately :acclaim:) and this 9.8 sale.

CGC census: 2 in 9.8, 6 in 9.6 ( with the second 9.8 only very recently graded and the 6th 9.6 as well)

How about that the only sale I'll believe is the AS #100 one just posted.

All the others are pure speculation.

How do we all know that all those books listed in your sold section are for real and not just speculation? :)

That's easy. A track record of honesty.

Man, Doug is not doing himself any favours. Some of those auction prices are so low he'd be better off paying someone 10%.

I disagree. In the last 5 years, I can only recall 1 sale in 9.6 ( and only recently another privately :acclaim:) and this 9.8 sale.

CGC census: 2 in 9.8, 6 in 9.6 ( with the second 9.8 only very recently graded and the 6th 9.6 as well)

SA Thor's are very common. This might be tough but I bet in two years we will have 3-5 9.8's and a bunch of 9.6 in the census.

I used to own that Thor 126. In fact, I was the one who bought it raw and slabbed it. I did sell it for $18k, but not to Doug as far as I know. I thought it went into a collection, interesting to see it pop up at auction so soon. At least I can rest easy knowing I did well on the original sale. :cloud9:

I used to own that Thor 126. In fact, I was the one who bought it raw and slabbed it. I did sell it for $18k, but not to Doug as far as I know. I thought it went into a collection, interesting to see it pop up at auction so soon. At least I can rest easy knowing I did well on the original sale. :cloud9:

Andy,

the 9.8 was registered to Doug (whether he owned it or not I don't know). I asked him why he was letting it go and he told me he managed the 9.8 Boston copy ( which I'm sure looks better )

In any case, yes you certainly did well on the sale. I'm of the opinion it didn't do better because of the terrible miswrap and the overspray on the top.

SA Thor's are very common. This might be tough but I bet in two years we will have 3-5 9.8's and a bunch of 9.6 in the census.

Let's hope so. I'd like to upgrade to 9.8 myself. :wishluck:

A Thor 126, in any grade, selling for $18K is utterly incomprehensible to me.

Would you like the scans with the invoices?

Pay no attention to Kevintard. He's been a pessimistic, negative Nancy of a wet blanket for as long as I can remember.

I was only teasing Bob, hence the :) at the end of the sentence. Bob knows I'm not a as you call it pessimistic, negative nancy or a debbie downer in person. So chill out.