• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

reading comics

48 posts in this topic

It's the "other bodily fluids" part that has me worried...

Me too, hence the use of the mitts while reading my NM Spawns!!!!

While a full run of NM Spawns may be obtained fairly cheaply, one has to factor in the cost of the reading equipment necessary for full enjoyment of these highly collectible books. A full run of Spawns at $80 must also include the $400 that the reading equipment costs (not including the NM Spawn reading chair).

Come on guys, give him a break. You don't need to make fun of Spawn or the people that read it just because you don't like it. I don't like Spider-Man, but you don't hear me talking trash about the insipient, sniveling little mommas boys that relate to a pathetic looser who has an inferiority complex because his mother didn't breast feed him and he never knew his daddy.

insane.gif

Who's making fun of him? confused.gif I really do read my NM Spawns that way.

It's the "other bodily fluids" part that has me worried...

Me too, hence the use of the mitts while reading my NM Spawns!!!!

While a full run of NM Spawns may be obtained fairly cheaply, one has to factor in the cost of the reading equipment necessary for full enjoyment of these highly collectible books. A full run of Spawns at $80 must also include the $400 that the reading equipment costs (not including the NM Spawn reading chair).

Come on guys, give him a break. You don't need to make fun of Spawn or the people that read it just because you don't like it. I don't like Spider-Man, but you don't hear me talking trash about the insipient, sniveling little mommas boys that relate to a pathetic looser who has an inferiority complex because his mother didn't breast feed him and he never knew his daddy.

insane.gif

Who's making fun of him? confused.gif I really do read my NM Spawns that way.

foreheadslap.gif

... sit on my NM Spawn reading chair in the hallway closet, ...

893whatthe.gifAre you crazy??? Now it's not NM anymore you fool!!! 893whatthe.gifgrin.gif

I forgot to mention the padding and drop cloths that I use on the chair to keep it in NM condition also. foreheadslap.gif

893whatthe.gifAre you crazy??? Now it's not NM anymore you fool!!! 893whatthe.gifgrin.gif

I forgot to mention the padding and drop cloths that I use on the chair to keep it in NM condition also. foreheadslap.gif

And just how do you keep those drop cloths in NM condition hmmm? shy.gif

And just how do you keep those drop cloths in NM condition hmmm? shy.gif

Another layer of drop cloths? confused.gif

Very funny! smile.gif Im not one easily discouraged, and I suppose there are l33t haxor d00d types no matter where you go. First line of post "Extremely New Collector"! But it's cool, a little funnin on the noob never hurt nobody! tongue.gif Thanks for the "good" advice, much appreciated. I'm a bit obsessive about keeping things very neat! The instruction books to my video games would be graded NM 9.8 27_laughing.gif. Ok, so the books may not be worth the paper they're printed on in 30 years. It's ok, I'll have a complete collection eventually, and that to me means more than anything else. Again, my obsessive compulsive thing.... must have everything in a set or the set is worthless to me. The "thrill of the hunt" will give me a challenge in finding the rest of the books, as well as the alternate cover for #1 and the 5 covers of #100. Also, this isn't the ONLY set I plan on collecting, but to me its worth a little extra to "jumpstart" my collection. The sheer number of books is worth the cost to me, because instead of starting with 3 or 4 books, I have 83! It'll give me something to do and keep me interested while I try to find the rest, as well as start other collections.

Another reason this may be good is because my area is "comically challenged". I have a tobacco store which I think MAY carry some monthlys, but not a whole lot of comic shops close enough where I can go and just have a look around and get a feel for what they have and what I want and how much I want to spend, then come back when I have the money. If I'm gonna make an hour drive to the nearest shop that carries a stock of back issues, Im gonna make sure they at least know that they have what I'm looking for, and I have enough money buy it and anything else that may catch my eye.

P.S. - If anyone knows a comic store closer than an hours drive from Vineland, NJ, let me know please tongue.gif

yeah but there is no sense in paying to much for those books. I would almost bet that you could find everythign you wanted on ebay for less money. Also I am in the same boat as you...I collect valiants...well everyone knows that those pieces of garbage will NEVER be worth anything, btu i still like em...of course when I decided to try to put together a complete set of them I did not start off by paying way to much for common issues...I searched ebay and found some lots that had books that I needed in them...I normally pay about .25-.50 for each book. Sometimes a little less sometimes a little more. Dont pay to much for these Spawns...they really are a dime a dozen...Of course if you must pay 1.50 each...I have a bunch of Turok comics that are also great reads and the artwork is totally awesome...

So check ebay often and dont pay to much...

FFB U Ain't Right!!! foreheadslap.gif27_laughing.gif

If you want to read your books ,wash your hands first, I always put my golden & silver books in a magazine to read ,being careful not to bend the pages & cover back to far,you can't lower the grade by reading ,only by handling!! grin.gif For a pretty cool comic shop I myself go to Fat Jack's Comic Crypt in Oaklyn.N. J. Run by a manager named Erv, Great guy always goes out of his way to help you & will order for you,he takes care of his customers!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

I grew up in Jersey... what are some other towns close to there... I'm sure I can give you suggestions about where to go.

Around me... Vineland, Landisville, Hammonton, Williamstown, Turnersville... too late to think of any others hehe sorry, but thanks, hope you can help tongue.gif

Vince

no time...to read..

must..

grade.

ARRRGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timely

Dude, you're only on day 3. Quit your whining. Ask Paul Litch how long he's been going at it. tongue.gifhi.gifflowerred.gif

hey Shadow, Ill bet you had the neatest prison cell on the whole block, huh???

Well, I'm not neat in the least about my living quarters, my wife can attest to that, but as far as my stuff, Im obsessively neat about it. Add in 2 year old daughter and my once pristine DVD collection is now a broken mess of caseless disks and all the inserts are all mostly gone, its so sad frown.gif

But to answer your question, when I went to prison (I was wrongfully accused of killing a smartass forum poster), I did keep my cell pretty neat smile.gif

Vince

I like the oven mitts and protective helmet - Of course I use both items, with of course surgical plastic shoe coverings for particularily good books - In the early 1980's I saw a retrospective of Michaelangelo drawings at the British Museum in London - All the drawings were displayed in cases with 15 second lights (to prevent paper deterioration). To see each drawing you had to press a button and a light came on for 15 seconds. When the light went out you had to wait a mandatory minute to be able to press the light on for another 15 seconds. I probably would also look into this for the Spawn Collection......

hey Shadow, Ill bet you had the neatest prison cell on the whole block, huh???

Well, I'm not neat in the least about my living quarters, my wife can attest to that, but as far as my stuff, Im obsessively neat about it. Add in 2 year old daughter and my once pristine DVD collection is now a broken mess of caseless disks and all the inserts are all mostly gone, its so sad frown.gif

But to answer your question, when I went to prison (I was wrongfully accused of killing a smartass forum poster), I did keep my cell pretty neat smile.gif

Vince

gosh. youre so even tempered! Ill bet nothing gets you riled up huh?