• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebel Blood

29 posts in this topic

Just finished reading issue 1. I liked it, although I had to read it twice as I found it a little confusing with the jumping back and forth between reality, the past and what he imagines. It made more sense on the second read.

I don't mind a non-linear narrative, but I do at least need to be sort of engaged.

Argh! This drives me crazy, and it's extra frustrating because I thought that was part of the problem with Green Wake. I just read this this morning in a mild rush before I came to work, so I'll give it another read, but dammit I want to look at Riley's art while reading a story that goes from beginning to end. (*ahem* Proof.)

Alex Link is a newcomer, right? I wonder if he's helping plot or mostly just dialog...

I'm definitely still in for the whole series, and I'll give #1 another read-through tonight. If I'm still a little "wtf" I'll probably just toss the series aside until I have all 4 issues and can read it at once.

lol

Sounds like a plan. ;)

Still hounding for Green Wake, but I'll eventually come across a set. Part of the fun is trying to figure it out for me. ;)

Weibe said (on the CBR boards) that a 2nd print of the 1st trade and the 2nd trade should be out soon... and that they might be able to put out a hardcover collecting the whole series... (I think that news is still up-to-date)

That's unfortunate... that's still on my pile to read.

There was a twinge of it in No Place Like Home, but it was very limited and didn't throw me off.

I think that Riley's work really doesn't lend itself to this practice... I love the frantic nature of the art, but when I read a Riley page, I find that my brain just wants to take in the page as a whole and has a hard time separating it out panel-by-panel. That's definitely one reason I like his work, but I just think it makes this kind of story-telling more difficult.

I digress... that's probably a thread on its own as it seems many books are taking this approach these days.

Oh yeah. "Shotgun Divorce."

Hah!

I read it & don't understand what is going on at all ... Is this just some crazy guys random thoughts or what ? lol ... I am wondering if with #2 what we get is if you read the randomness through out the books it joins up with each other