• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181 *DELETED*

83 posts in this topic

With Deathlok's scan Id say 5.0

Davidking623

Me thinks you are too harsh (but it makes YOU look TOUGH!) laugh.gifhi.gif

This size scan over emphasizes the actual flaws to the book, I'd say you've got a solid FN 6.0.

Is that a double staple at the top!?!

See what I mean?

Davidking623

This size scan over emphasizes the actual flaws to the book, I'd say you've got a solid FN 6.0.

See what I mean?

Not as nice as this!

CGC 6.0

Probably not as nice as this!

CGC 5.0

New grade as I was trying to be nice and not tough 4.5 flowerred.gif

Davidking623

Actually this book was CGC'd at a 8.0 I dis -agreed with that grading. The scan does not do this book justice at all. I took it out of the CGC case yesterday. I am re-submitting it. There are no double staples. I am going to re-scan it at a higer res. and put it on PhotoBucket. Corners are sharp, staples are clean, white pages, all intact. I will post the grade when it comes back. CGC # was 0076065001

Actually this book was CGC'd at a 8.0 I dis -agreed with that grading. The scan does not do this book justice at all. I took it out of the CGC case yesterday. I am re-submitting it. There are no double staples. I am going to re-scan it at a higer res. and put it on PhotoBucket. Corners are sharp, staples are clean. I will pos tthe grade when it comes back.

You should have taken the money and ran to the bank! makepoint.gif

Davidking623

See what I mean?

Not as nice as this!

CGC 6.0

Probably not as nice as this!

CGC 5.0

New grade as I was trying to be nice and not tough 4.5 flowerred.gif

Davidking623

With all due respect, Senor King - How am I supposed to judge anything from those wimpy-[!@#%^&^] scans? flowerred.gif These two are books I wouldn't touch, and stout's credibility is . . . ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Actually this book was CGC'd at a 8.0 I dis -agreed with that grading. The scan does not do this book justice at all. I took it out of the CGC case yesterday. I am re-submitting it. There are no double staples. I am going to re-scan it at a higer res. and put it on PhotoBucket. Corners are sharp, staples are clean. I will pos tthe grade when it comes back.

Wow! That seem like a great grade The corners are sharp the staples clean but there looks like a lot of surface wear at the top and halfway down the side of the book! Maybe the scanner is creating that I dont know I was grading the scan though! Not that its your fault but if scans dont look like the book we cant really have a chance at giving our best grade!

Davidking623

2233887533 This is the E-Bay number on it. Look it up. The scans there are much better. Not sure why my scanner is acting funny. These scans will show a better representation of the book. It is a much better book than a CGC 6.0 . Some people need to go see a eye doctor. My scans are not good at all. But just look it up on E-Bay. Still think it isnt better than that 6.0 with the large corner crease?? Didnt think so..........a 5.0??? that is just way too funny....... The little ding you see on the H in Hulk is on the slab, not the book...... Anyone want too borrow some glasses?? Go to www.comiclink.com check out the first 181 there listed as a CGC 9.0 nice spine... multiple colour breaking marks, etc......

In My honost opinion the book really looks no better than 8.0 and all you could really gain on a bad day from CGC is a 8.5 which I really dont think it could make but who knows? You fork out the postage and insurance and grading fee and return postage for a possible higher 8.5 which will cost you at a minimum of say 35 probably 40 dollars when all you can gain is a .5 diffrence and maybe they grade it 7.5 which in my opinion it definitely has a shot at also! You already have broken the book out so it isnt graded any more I really wish you good luck on it !Im not trying to hate your book just being honost.When you ask for a grade on a book and have access to a better scan than the ones you can create direct us there please as it really is what we try to do here is give our grade like it or not!

Davidking623

In My honost opinion the book really looks no better than 8.0 and all you could really gain on a bad day from CGC is a 8.5 which I really dont think it could make but who knows? You fork out the postage and insurance and grading fee and return postage for a possible higher 8.5 which will cost you at a minimum of say 35 probably 40 dollars when all you can gain is a .5 diffrence and maybe they grade it 7.5 which in my opinion it definitely has a shot at also! You already have broken the book out so it isnt graded any more I really wish you good luck on it !Im not trying to hate your book just being honost.When you ask for a grade on a book and have access to a better scan than the ones you can create direct us there please as it really is what we try to do here is give our grade like it or not!

Davidking623

Don't try to talk him out of it. The extra money he spends for no reward will be his punishment for wasting our time with the fake ASM#129. makepoint.gif

Mr. Football. No one on here can tell me what too do. Is that a pic. of you?? Go light up another one, kill somemore of the few brain cells you think you have left.

Do whatever you want. I was hoping you'd just leave, but if not, then I look forward to seeing a scan of your Amazing Fantasy #15 next. I'm sure it's minty fresh. 893blahblah.gif

Davidking623

Heed this man's advice, for he knows what he's talking about! flowerred.gif