• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT Poll - What Is Your Favorite James Bond Movie?

What are your favorite James Bond films?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite James Bond films?

49 posts in this topic

I can't believe how little love the classics Dr. No and From Russia With Love are getting...

As lighthouse pointed out, a lot of todays Bond fans are not even familiar with the early movies. Boy, are they missing out big time. foreheadslap.gif

As for the anti Roger Moore comments, I thought his biggest strength was the sense of humour he brought to role of Bond. Todays movies take themselves far too seriously, a mistake IMHO, given the subject matter. grin.gif

I also heard they may be looking at Jude Law as a replacement, but then again it could all be Hollywood rumors.

i heard they want orlando bloom gossip.gif

waaaayyyy tooo young. Although I like Bloom as an actor, I doubt if he could pull it off.

Any credibility Bloom had as a manly actor was killed in the movie Troy. After watching that POS I just can't see him in the Bond role.

I also heard they may be looking at Jude Law as a replacement, but then again it could all be Hollywood rumors.

i heard they want orlando bloom gossip.gif

waaaayyyy tooo young. Although I like Bloom as an actor, I doubt if he could pull it off.

Any credibility Bloom had as a manly actor was killed in the movie Troy. After watching that POS I just can't see him in the Bond role.

Never happen,...Hugh Jackman has it all wrapped up.....he's the perfect age/look for bond...he could carry the franchise for a good 15 years.....

I heard they are going with an unknown English actor...

You may be referring to Clive Owen, who appeared in Croupier and Altman's Gosford Park. He'd be my pick as the new JB - he reminds me more of Connery than Brosnan does (he's got that surly, edgy menace that's been missing since Connery's departure). Plus he's only in his mid thirties.

My favorite Bonds? The first four (and I've seen them all). They were more effortlessly stylish, had better scripts and music scores, and allowed Connery to develop his character without being swamped by gadgetry and pyrotechnics (witness how little he said and had to do in the garish and gimmicky You Only Live Twice).

Fave Bond of all: From Russia With Love - especially the fight sequence on the train with Robert Shaw's genuinely pyschopathic Spectre agent Red Grant.

I've got a soft spot for Diamonds Are Forever (sorry about that) because that film is truly bizarre, and OHMSS, not because of the wooden Lazenby, or the pathetic -script, but because the editing and look of the film were very close to the JB comic strips. Plus it had the best soundtrack.