• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Computer illiterate here with some questions

47 posts in this topic

Just a suggestion...but this is what the Testing..1..2..3 forum is for. To practice uploading and linking images and stuff.

Thats true laugh.gif ..But there are no instructions there tongue.gif

there is plenty of instruction there.

Oh ...where?

Just a suggestion...but this is what the Testing..1..2..3 forum is for. To practice uploading and linking images and stuff.

Oh ...where?

Thanks guys. Your collective efforts have been my instruction. In the testing area I would be in no-man's land. Here I have you guys to help, and I certainly appreciate all that have. OK, I'm done now and I am now a full fledged comic-posting guy. ------Sid acclaim.gif

Oh ...where?

there are a few forum members who do read and respond to things in the Testing forum...if you were to ask a question there it would probably get answered.

What I said before Dudesim, was that he could ask questions here and then go practice in the testing forum.

Hi guys. I just bought a spiffy new really nice DELL computer. My old one was over five years old. I am far from being a computer pro and am clueless in many areas. Although I am quite good at scanning and uploading onto Ebay, I have never been able to figure out how to add a scan to a post on these boards. I am also clueless as to how to add an avatar. I've checked the FAQ section of the forum and I have seen talk of downloading certain software in order to do this.

If anyone could give me a simple 1,2,3 steps of what I need, and how to go about enabling myself (and my new computer) to do these things then that would be great. I also don't know how to scan my images into a file small enough to fit in this system. For some reason I think the scan files are being saved quite huge. Sorry to go OT here but I know there are quite a few computer savvy people out there. Posting on this thread may be better than a PM so that nobody doubles up on the information needed. Thanks------Clueless In Seattle confused-smiley-013.gif

Not until you go read ten comic books and post book reports for each. sumo.gif

sign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gif