• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW!!!! CURATOR TTA 44 CGC 9.4 WHITE

16 posts in this topic

That guy has some truly spectacular books...

He was at the show in Eugene last year ($35 tables and at most 300 attendees) and brought about $200K with him of gorgeous CGC books. I don't know that he made a single sale at the show, but it was nice staring at his wall of FFs under #15 and over 9.2... cloud9.gif

Seemed like a really nice guy too. We chatted for about 15 minutes while people drooled all over the floor in front of his table. thumbsup2.gif

lighthouse

whats red9950's real name??

did he have a ff 12 cgc 9.0 or better?

also, do u have the miller dd's in TPB series?

I probably have it written down somewhere, but I don't know that I would feel comfortable giving it out since he doesn't volunteer it in his auction pages. A lot of high grade collectors don't volunteer their identity to folks they are not doing business with, so it would be better for you to ask him directly. Just drop him a line through the eBay system.

Yes, I believe he did. Although I admit that after staring at a ton of gorgeous books that are out of my price range they do tend to run together... tongue.gif

And yes I do. If you click the link in my signature, it will take you to my eBay store. I offer the volumes individually or as a set.

He bought my Silver Surfer 4 CGC 9.4 so I know his name but as House as stated, ask him yourself if you need to know.

Boy...2002 was a good year for sales! cloud9.gif

The problem with the book is the top right corner. There is some type of color discoloration.

I would jump all over that book, but had asked (and received ) a bigger scan and just can't pull the trigger with the color loss.

That's the problem with CGC 9.4's (or higher). Because the premium is so high, if there is just one flaw, it makes it really hard to pay double what a 9.2 would go for.

Would you rather have that copy (with the color discoloration) or a CGC 9.2 with one or two small stress lines at half the price? I'll take the latter.

BTW, Bob's got the White Mountain copy on his site (it's a CGC 9.0).

Somebody tell this guy what a picture pack is 893frustrated.gif

AND . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .WHATS. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .WITH. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .THE . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .LISTINGS. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .?. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .?. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .?