• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eastern Color Proof/File Copies?

105 posts in this topic

In the early SA time period, Eastern Press had leftover, unused covers. Many were later married to interiors and brought to the market. Having bought one of the covers from a local dealer a couple of decades ago, I have seen an example of an oversized, unused cover that was hand trimmed and married to an interior. The ST101 looks very much like it's another example, and shouldn't be confused with the phony 'file copies' that were stamped by Danny and sold by Fantazia.

The leftover covers are amazingly nice, since they never were put on the newsstand and are essentially as clean and fresh as when they were first printed. Here's an example of a comic with one that I used to own:

JIM84tif.jpg

I was in Fantazia in 1987

I remember Danny showing me a sheet of unmarried Fantastic Four 5 covers

The sheet included another Marvel superhero comic cover that I don't remember

Seems like yesterday

The problem with those covers are that many of them are married to formerly coverless copies with horrible PQ.

I remember a show on Long Island where a still prominent dealer was hawking a FF 1 with one of these covers on a book that was near brittle.

The problem with those covers are that many of them are married to formerly coverless copies with horrible PQ.

I remember a show on Long Island where a still prominent dealer was hawking a FF 1 with one of these covers on a book that was near brittle.

:eek: