• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry Noob Questions

6 posts in this topic

Can someone who has a little more registry experience help me understand why some variants are listed as separate entries while others are listed within the single option for that issue?

Example - I have copies of both Fables 1 covers being slabbed right now, but the existing registry would only allow for one of them to be entered in my set. Also, issue 6 and issue 101 have limited RRP editions that I have graded but they are not listed as separate issues.

For a complete collection, I would think that both would need to be separated, but didn't know if that is a legitimate thing to request in the set expansion or if I was crossing some sort of registry fanboy no-no by even considering such a blasphemous request.

Thanks!

Seth

I am not an expert but according to my understanding, once the book slabbed it is not automatically updated in the registry. You have to put in a request to add it to registry, see "In the beginning...There were expansions" topic.

If an issue has multiple covers: A, B, C, D etc..and there are no significant differences or exclusive about these covers then the registry spot for that issue count as 1. If cover B is 1:25, 1:50 or RRP, then you get another slot; if cover C is convention exclusive then you get 1 more slot and so on. I might be wrong, submit the question to Gemma if you have any questions regarding registry.

Can someone who has a little more registry experience help me understand why some variants are listed as separate entries while others are listed within the single option for that issue?

Example - I have copies of both Fables 1 covers being slabbed right now, but the existing registry would only allow for one of them to be entered in my set. Also, issue 6 and issue 101 have limited RRP editions that I have graded but they are not listed as separate issues.

For a complete collection, I would think that both would need to be separated, but didn't know if that is a legitimate thing to request in the set expansion or if I was crossing some sort of registry fanboy no-no by even considering such a blasphemous request.

Thanks!

Seth

If we asked nicely, I'm fairly certain Gemma would give both the Fables #6 RRP and the #101 RRP their own slots in the Registry - the problem with the Fables #1, however, is that CGC doesn't distinguish between the two books on the label, so there's no way to split up the slot in the Registry set:

fables-1-cgc-9.8-ss-jamesjean-f.jpg

fables-1-cgc-9.8-ss-alexmaleev-f.jpg

It seems like this is the default way to set up books when they're a 50/50 split - meaning if the retailer buys two copies, they end up with one of each cover (instead of "real" variants where you have to buy X number of copies of the regular cover in order to get a single variant).

I have the same issue with the civil war variants, for example:

Civil war #3 variant McGuinness

Civil war #3 variant Turner

Also the same in IDW Transformers with the Retailer Incentives A, B, C, (and D in some cases!)...For the IDW ones the cover clearly distinguishes them as RI-A, RI-B, RI-C etc...

e.g. Transformers Infiltration #1 Retailer (there are 3 versions 1:25, 1:50, 1:100)

Will there be a way to fix this in the future?

For books that already have the "Two different covers exist, one by X and one by Y" label notation (like the Fables #1 or the Civil War #3 variants), Gemma has posted previously that there's no way to get this fixed, unfortunately.

For books that already have the "Two different covers exist, one by X and one by Y" label notation (like the Fables #1 or the Civil War #3 variants), Gemma has posted previously that there's no way to get this fixed, unfortunately.
Pick your favorite book and showcase the other one in the "obverse" gallery shot. You can even talk about it and why it's there in your description. That's my easiest solution to show it off in the Registry for now. There will be an audience that will enjoy seeing it like that too, I guarantee you. (thumbs u