• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Feedback sellers who overgrade

14 posts in this topic

After receiving a few replies via PM about overgraded books, I began to wonder...

-Have any of you guys ever bought from a seller who's grading got worse over time; basically cashing in on their high feedback ratings?

-Have you held onto overgraded POS since you have done business with them in the past and find yourself torn between being honest about the situation and possibly hurting their feelings? confused.gif

-Have you ever left exaggerated feedback even though the transaction sucked ?

A poster on this board (Which I will keep anonymous since it was via PM) stated that he used to purchase raw books from a favorite seller on a regular basis until the seller's grading got worse, and worse until he decided to stop buying from him.

Thanks in advance for sharing. grin.gif

I can remember purchasing a box of about 80 vf-nm "new unread store overstock" Silver Surfer backissues that were mostly overgraded. A few of them appeared to have been more than once, and most of them graded in the vf range. Looking at the sellers feedback, I would have never suspected that anyone had been disappointed with the grading. Anyway, what I learned from that transaction is to GRADE books BEFORE leaving feedback. Live and learn I suppose.

The sad thing is, feedback helps but is not always honest. I can point out a few times that I exaggerated on feedback when a refund was issued to me after I returned overgraded books.