• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying ALOT of comics at a con - how to carry?

26 posts in this topic

i use a rolling suitcase, a CGC book can fit in it laying down

it came in handy when i got a CGC order at the show of SS books something like 16-20 books and didn't have to carry them back to my car

i normally walk out of cons with 2-3 CGC's bought, whatever was subed at the show and 30-40 books, and they all lay down so no damage to them (it's also big enough that i can buy prints and the hard plastic, and they sand up nicely and i don't need to carry them)

another good advice that was given, do you know any of the dealers at the show bc if you ask odds are they have no problem letting their booth be your dropping point (provided they have room)

another thing you can do if you have kids and their old enough you can leave them alone is what i do with my son......towards the end of the day he's seen all he cares to so i go to a wall and just let him sit and paly his gameboy and watch the suitcase, he has a call phone (who doesn't) and if he needs me to come back bc of bathroom or whatever he just calls

I am seriously considering renting a "Little Rascal" electric scooter for the next show to pile my purchases on. i can also use it to clear out space and klnock down other stinky fanboys who are looking in my dollar boxes.

I am seriously considering renting a "Little Rascal" electric scooter for the next show to pile my purchases on. i can also use it to clear out space and klnock down other stinky fanboys who are looking in my dollar boxes.

You should put a cow catcher on the front of it.

I usually buy multiple long boxes of books at Heroes but try and keep it to a box a day. I use a large backpack and make multiple trips to the car when it gets too heavy. Anyone who wants to follow me and break in for a box of .25-$1 stuff is welcome to it!

This is pretty much my plan. Focusing on .10 to $1 boxes. Mainly looking for readers to fill holes in runs.

Looking more like I'm gonna go the luggage dollie/short box route.