• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee's reasons not to return OA back in 1973.

23 posts in this topic

I would believe so upon first glance at least. I think you can see in the picture (hard though it may be to make out), Spidey's head and the "flame trail" from the Green Goblin's pumpkin bomb.

I see what you are saying but that still doesnt explain the published 121 cover in the background

Maybe he is drawing a recreation of the 122 ?

I honestly doubt it according to my following reasoning. The thing is that 121 was published in July (maybe June) June 1973 (I believe according to the sources I see, I wasn't there, so I don't know, hah), so it wouldn't have been out yet as when the article was published. I don't think the pic in the background is a comic, I think it's just a image of the cover, of course accidentally leaked in the pic, but no one can read it anyways.

The calendar on the desk would imply that (if he kept up to date with the current calendar, unlike me, hah), that if this was taken in 1973, then it would be January 1973 (according to the calendars at the time). Seems reasonable to assume it's January though and this article had been in production for a little while.