• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

War books a-plenty!

246 posts in this topic

Apologies for the lack of scan on this one. Brave and Bold #52, first DC war team up, and just a super-fun issue to have. This one is tougher to find in nicer grade, and unless you want to pull out the big bucks and spend ages hunting an 8.0 or better, this is a really nice way to put a great copy of this timeless classic into your collection. CGC 7.0 - yours for just $70.00 SOLD!

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

And here's the highlight for this afternoon. Our Fighting Forces #21, CGC 7.0 - I don't want to even get into how hard this book is. It eluded me for years, and this is a really pretty copy. Looking for a nicer one? Good luck. No sense holding out, especially when you can have this early DC silver war stunner for a mere $100.00 SOLD!

Honestly... just check this out...

off21.jpg

Apologies for the lack of scan on this one. Brave and Bold #52, first DC war team up, and just a super-fun issue to have. This one is tougher to find in nicer grade, and unless you want to pull out the big bucks and spend ages hunting an 8.0 or better, this is a really nice way to put a great copy of this timeless classic into your collection. CGC 7.0 - yours for just $70.00

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

:takeit:

Another uber-sweet Bronze age war book. Weird War Tales #6, in CGC 9.4 - this book took me a long time to find, and is one of the super tough early WWTs to find in grade. You'll love this one... $95.00

RAD3BCB0201093_131641.jpg

And here's the highlight for this afternoon. Our Fighting Forces #21, CGC 7.0 - I don't want to even get into how hard this book is. It eluded me for years, and this is a really pretty copy. Looking for a nicer one? Good luck. No sense holding out, especially when you can have this early DC silver war stunner for a mere $100.00

Honestly... just check this out...

off21.jpg

Another monster. Our Army at War #218, CGC 9.4 Oakland pedigree. First appearance of the USS Stevens by Glanzman. Could do with a re-sub, because this old-label beauty looks nice than 9.4 to these eyes. $145.00

oaaw218-1.jpg

Apologies for the delay in getting more books up. Here's a little something to tide you over. Nice CGC material...

First up, one of the classics. Our Army at War #244, with perhaps the best Sgt. Rock story of all time. CGC 9.4 - and to my eyes, a little undergraded. Just a sharpie. $65

RAD14BC12006119_143456.jpg

Taking some pics - hoping to get them posted this evening!

Here's what will be coming this evening.... feel free to bid, before I get the pics done (hope that doesn't break the forum rules). Got a crazy evening tonight...

G.I. Combat #151 CGC 9.2 White Pages $85.00 (Bobcat book... invoice from him is still in the sleeve!) This is a seriously, seriously tough book from that part of the run

Our Army at War #235 9.0 Off white to white pages. Don Rosa. SERIOUSLY tough 52-pager book in grade, and was the highest graded for quite a while Killer Toth art. Looks better than a 9.0 for sure. $75.00

All American Men of War #72 CGC 7.5 Offwhite to white pages. Very nice copy. Great centering. $50.00

Our Fighting Forces #98 CGC 8.0 Light tan to Offwhite pages. Tough 1964 TC checkerboard book. Very hard part of the run to get nice copies from. $60.00

Our Fighting Forces #97 CGC 7.5 Offwhite to White pages. Stunning purple cover. Looks nice than a 7.5. $50.00

G.I. Combat #116 CGC 8.0 Cream to Offwhite pages. Big Apple Copy. Killer. $75.00

G.I. Combat #131 CGC 8.5 White pages. Killer diller, sweet black cover. $50.00

Weird War Tales #5 CGC 8.5 White Pages. Classic Kubert cover and just a very nice book overall. 52 pages of the mystery and the madness... $40.00

Out Army at War #286 CGC 9.4 White pages. A 25-center that took me a very long time to track down in grade. $45.00

iphone pics coming in a little bit....

Shep

G.I. Combat #151 CGC 9.2 White Pages $85.00 (Bobcat book... invoice from him is still in the sleeve!) This is a seriously, seriously tough book from that part of the run.

SOLD!

IMG_1119.jpg

Our Army at War #235 9.0 Off white to white pages. Don Rosa. SERIOUSLY tough 52-pager book in grade, and was the highest graded for quite a while Killer Toth art. Looks better than a 9.0 for sure. $75.00 SOLD!

IMG_1118.jpg