• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

War books a-plenty!

246 posts in this topic

G.I. Combat #151 CGC 9.2 White Pages $85.00 (Bobcat book... invoice from him is still in the sleeve!) This is a seriously, seriously tough book from that part of the run

IMG_1119.jpg

:takeit:

G.I. Combat #151 CGC 9.2 White Pages $85.00 (Bobcat book... invoice from him is still in the sleeve!) This is a seriously, seriously tough book from that part of the run

IMG_1119.jpg

Great snag - a super nice book.... and one that took me a long time to find. You'll enjoy it!

Shep

Apologies for being a little sporadic with the posting. Bunch of things came up this week that way-laid me...

Here are some more interesting DC war books... I'm also trying to get a nice high grade run of SSWS #138-151 scanned and uploaded tonight. They're really sweet issues to...

Oh look! Here's a key...

GI Combat #44 GD+ This is a great opportunity to get a monster DC war key at a steal. This book has all the appeal of a VG+, but it has a piece missing from the top front cover, and a couple of razor-thin cuts along the top cover. There is also a 1.5 x ½ piece missing from the top of the back cover. The book presents beautifully. Flat, tight, and still showing some gloss. Cream pages. Killer greytone cover. $35.00 SOLD!

GIC44-1.jpg

GI Combat #74 VG This is a great looking copy, but it has several very light moisture stains on the front cover (possibly removable, if you know a pro). Otherwise, a solid FN. Cream pages. $15.00 SOLD!

GIC74.jpg

GI Combat #76 VG Classic greytone cover! This is from the Bakerstowne find, from which a number of copies of this issue emerged. Like all of them, it’s got some cockling, and definitely needs a press. But it’s a solid copy otherwise. Blue distributor-type spray on length of spine on back cover. White to offwhite pages. $20.00 SOLD!

GIC741.jpg

GI Combat #77 VG Another killer greytone cover. This is another one of those books that looks super killer, with one flaw bringing it down. In this case, there is a stain on the top left front cover, on the top of the ‘G’. It may well be removable, in which case you’re getting this at an absolute steal. Nice gloss on cover. White to offwhite pages. $25.00 SOLD!

GIC742.jpg

All American Men of War #51 FN Possibly better. Date stamp on back cover. Cream to offwhite pages. Has perhaps Heath’s best aviation art job ever, ‘Bomber’s Moon’. Sweet book, and I love that cover. $50.00

GIC821-1.jpg

All American Men of war #81 Deslabbed CGC 6.5 Cream to offwhite pages. I think CGC got this all wrong – it’s a nice looking book for sure, but with those crease on the bottom right cover, this is more like 5.5- 6.0 territory to me. Price accordingly at $25.00

AAMOW81.jpg

GI Combat #76 VG Classic greytone cover! This is from the Bakerstowne find, from which a number of copies of this issue emerged. Like all of them, it’s got some cockling, and definitely needs a press. But it’s a solid copy otherwise. Blue distributor-type spray on length of spine on back cover. White to offwhite pages. $20.00

GIC741.jpg

GI Combat #77 VG Another killer greytone cover. This is another one of those books that looks super killer, with one flaw bringing it down. In this case, there is a stain on the top left front cover, on the top of the ‘G’. It may well be removable, in which case you’re getting this at an absolute steal. Nice gloss on cover. White to offwhite pages. $25.00

GIC742.jpg