• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How old will you be...

27 posts in this topic

When your favorite Comic book prints it's 1000th issue?

I will long be a dust pile. I collect mostly Marvel books and they seem to have trouble getting into triple figures these days. 893frustrated.gif

DC on the other hand is right on track to having two 1000th issues with Action Comics and Detective comics only about 2 decades away from the milestone. thumbsup2.gif

DC should restart Adventure Comics as well, picking up where they left off. I love going to modern comic shops and reading issue #712 of a series for which I have issue #1. Continuity should be maintained wherever possible, as it helps increase interest (and value) for earlier issues of the series.

There will never be a 1000th issue at marvel comics. They like canceling and revamping current comics and slapping #1s on the covers to much.

DC on the other hand is right on track to having two 1000th issues with Action Comics and Detective comics only about 2 decades away from the milestone. thumbsup2.gif

As far as this goes, I think most of the Marvel books with flip back to the regular volume set

on an anniversarry milestone - like ASM's 500 issue.

It would be silly not to. tongue.gif

I don't read/buy Moderns so I don't even know what the current issue number for this month is.

foreheadslap.gif

FF #514 comes out next week.

My God, I'll be 76 when FF 1,000 hits the cyberstand. sorry.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

However, I suspect the monthly pamphlet will have gone the way of the Dodo by then.

When your favorite Comic book prints it's 1000th issue?

My fav is ASM and if they print only 12 a year and if I'm alive...

I'll be 76!

I wonder if I'll have enough marbles to celibrate...

Get your handy calculator out and tell me -

How old will you be and for what book? grin.gif

Archie Comics #1000 - I'll be #68 (I'm 30 now) insane.gif

I don't read/buy Moderns so I don't even know what the current issue number for this month is.

foreheadslap.gif

FF #514 comes out next week.

My God, I'll be 76 when FF 1,000 hits the cyberstand. sorry.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

However, I suspect the monthly pamphlet will have gone the way of the Dodo by then.

You never know, people in general have been preaching about the death of print for ages.

And I personally think, unless we run out of trees, we will still have printed objects, not

because there isn't something better, but just because we are creatures of habit.

Take an Ice Cream maker for instance, there are thousnads of easier and faster ways of

getting Ice Cream from the stores and any where else. But people still use these things.

Personally I would pass up three dozen supermarkets to get to a fresh bowl of homemade

ice cream!

Man, I'm jones'n for some right now! cloud9.gif