• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage May Art Auction Results Thread

159 posts in this topic

I figured this would be a good place to corral them all.

Bagley ASM 363 cover...almost $17k!! :o

I had the ASM 363 earmarked for less than 1/3 of what it sold for. (shrug)

Killing Joke page with one panel of Joker is up next....

Just over $19k.

seems like a good buy. Even if there was no visual punch / long underwear characters it was a cool page and joker-centric. someone will make some money on it down the road

Bagley ASM 363 cover...almost $17k!! :o

The buyer must have thought it was McFarlane. :P

Otherwise, it must have totally bullseyed somebody's nostalgic sweet spot.

there are some pieces in the auction that are actually quite sad.

here is one

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7059&lotNo=92137

Prince Valiant hand colored Sunday and Heritage definitely notes that the coloring was NOT done by Hal Foster

these are some of the pieces that the fool who now resides in the nuthouse in NYC knitting sweaters had colored. The one linked above is an outstanding example that while not "ruined" by a bad coloring job, IS ruined by a fool doing something he never should have done.

I wonder if the cover's price may have been due to more of the fact that it was part of the "Maximum Carnage" storyline, which I knew about without reading comics when I was young because of the video game / outside media exposure...

I wonder if the cover's price may have been due to more of the fact that it was part of the "Maximum Carnage" storyline, which I knew about without reading comics when I was young because of the video game / outside media exposure...

Wasn't a part of Maximum Carnage. That was a 14-part (?) crossover that came later.

This cover was part 3 of the first (3-part) story that introduced Carnage, so it's his third appearance, after 361 and 362.