• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Avengers 2D or 3D ?

The Avengers 2D or 3D ?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. The Avengers 2D or 3D ?

25 posts in this topic

I saw the movie in IMAX 3D with two other adults. We all agreed that it was done well for 3D because the emphasis was on an action film, and not 3D gimmickry, which can ruin a movie. For example, I kept wondering when Loki would point his scepter into the audience. Didn't happen. I respect the producers for not trying to make it all about 3D. Overall, I liked it in 3D, but I don't think it all necessary to view it in 3D. Just MHO.

I saw the movie in 3D because that's what the wife wanted. I can't imagine enjoying it less in 2D as the 3D didn't really amaze me. Avatar has really set the bar high as far as environmental 3D goes. Nothing I've seen since has even come close.

I saw the movie in IMAX 3D with two other adults. We all agreed that it was done well for 3D because the emphasis was on an action film, and not 3D gimmickry, which can ruin a movie. For example, I kept wondering when Loki would point his scepter into the audience. Didn't happen. I respect the producers for not trying to make it all about 3D. Overall, I liked it in 3D, but I don't think it all necessary to view it in 3D. Just MHO.

I agree that I don't want a movie to be filled with "3D gimmickry" like stuff coming at the viewer. That being said, a movie that is done well in 3D is an awesome movie theater experience. You are surrounded by the world of the film. The only movie I would put in this category that I have seen is Avatar. I haven't seen Avatar since at home, as I think most of the film's greatness came from the 3D effects (and I dont have a 3D TV)

One of the earlier posts stated that the film was shot in 2D and 3D was done in post production. That pretty much makes the decision for me that we are going to see the 2D version.

Another poster said that the 3D trailer for Spiderman looked amazing (pun intended). Well, that movie was shot in 3D and I will definitely see the 3D version in the theater.