• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #517 $2.99?!?

12 posts in this topic

FF #517 is listed in Marvel Previews with a price tag of $2.99. Avengers, FF, Hulk, Spec. SpM, ASM, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, Wolverine and the Ult. titles were issues I liked for the $2.25 price, but, looks like this may not last too long. Hulk #75 & #76 are 48 pagers listed for $3.50 in Marvel Previews, wonder if they'll settle back into the old price slot afterwards or bid it a fond ado into $2.99 land.

CRC

Sometimes I wish they would go back to paper covers and a lower quality paper (like bronze age and early modern books). That way, for those of us that still enjoy reading titles that will never be worth anything, we can still pay for our weekly pull without a second mortgage. I average about $30-40 a week between my regulars, books that I pick up for x-over or current arc, and mini series. I don't think my wife anticipated the cost of my hobby....lol

confused-smiley-013.gif "Honest honey, I'm cutting back next month"

Sometimes I wish they would go back to paper covers and a lower quality paper (like bronze age and early modern books). That way, for those of us that still enjoy reading titles that will never be worth anything, we can still pay for our weekly pull without a second mortgage. I average about $30-40 a week between my regulars, books that I pick up for x-over or current arc, and mini series. I don't think my wife anticipated the cost of my hobby....lol

confused-smiley-013.gif "Honest honey, I'm cutting back next month"

I couldn't agree with you more.

Also, I hate these flimsy glossy [!@#%^&^] they are putting out now. Leave it for "special" books, not the regular issues of titles. mad.gif

FF #517 is listed in Marvel Previews with a price tag of $2.99. Avengers, FF, Hulk, Spec. SpM, ASM, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, Wolverine and the Ult. titles were issues I liked for the $2.25 price, but, looks like this may not last too long. Hulk #75 & #76 are 48 pagers listed for $3.50 in Marvel Previews, wonder if they'll settle back into the old price slot afterwards or bid it a fond ado into $2.99 land.

CRC

Did I list it right on my invoice? confused.gif

BTW The books finally came! smile.gif Thanks!

So you would rather pay thousands for a comic that can't be read? grin.gif

New comics are a complete ripoff. I haven't bought a new comic for over 3 years - I absolutely refuse to pay $2-5 for something that will take me 10 minutes to read.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CRC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did I list it right on my invoice?

BTW The books finally came! Thanks!

Welcome. I didn't catch the price change until after I did the invoices, so we'll consider it a "special" for June - "The FF Fifty-Two cents off Special!"

CRC

Also, I hate these flimsy glossy [!@#%^&^] they are putting out now. Leave it for "special" books, not the regular issues of titles.

This very morning I get a call from the Diamond Distributors telling me I have to return all damaged books that I receive damage replacements for due to the number of damages we've called in. One of the culprits for this would be Ultimate X-Men #46. Diamond is going to be shipping us our entire order for this title/# for the THIRD time due to damaged books. And the real kicker, I actually have to go to an LCS up here to buy the Ult X-Men #46 books I need to fill my customers orders and the LCS's are beat to 893censored-thumb.gif too! He's got everyone of his in a special $1 display near the cash register.

We also had to have our orders for Ult. Spider-man #57 shipped three times, #58 twice, and not to be left out, #59 shipped two times also. It wouldn't be so bad if it was our Wonder Woman, or Marvel Age FF issues but for crying out loud, it's all the top 10 Ultimate titles with their 893censored-thumb.gif 'ing glossy covers. bah.

CRC

Also, I hate these flimsy glossy [!@#%^&^] they are putting out now. Leave it for "special" books, not the regular issues of titles.

This very morning I get a call from the Diamond Distributors telling me I have to return all damaged books that I receive damage replacements for due to the number of damages we've called in. One of the culprits for this would be Ultimate X-Men #46. Diamond is going to be shipping us our entire order for this title/# for the THIRD time due to damaged books. And the real kicker, I actually have to go to an LCS up here to buy the Ult X-Men #46 books I need to fill my customers orders and the LCS's are beat to 893censored-thumb.gif too! He's got everyone of his in a special $1 display near the cash register.

We also had to have our orders for Ult. Spider-man #57 shipped three times, #58 twice, and not to be left out, #59 shipped two times also. It wouldn't be so bad if it was our Wonder Woman, or Marvel Age FF issues but for crying out loud, it's all the top 10 Ultimate titles with their 893censored-thumb.gif 'ing glossy covers. bah.

CRC

I went nearly a year without having to call in damages (I don't bother if there are less than five comics total in a week) and then the week of Ultimates 13 and Pulse 1 I had 160 damaged books in one shipment. The dorks at Diamond included a couple overship magazines on top of a stack of comics without the normal divider insert. Then they forgot to add the white packing paper on top of the magazines. So the mags were free to bang back and forth unimpeded, dragging comics with them. By the time they were done, it looked like they had been shuffled like a deck of cards and the best book in the box was about a Fine...

And of course, since it's all Marvel, I got a grand total of 11 of the 160 books replaced... foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

I went nearly a year without having to call in damages (I don't bother if there are less than five comics total in a week) and then the week of Ultimates 13 and Pulse 1 I had 160 damaged books in one shipment. The dorks at Diamond included a couple overship magazines on top of a stack of comics without the normal divider insert. Then they forgot to add the white packing paper on top of the magazines. So the mags were free to bang back and forth unimpeded, dragging comics with them. By the time they were done, it looked like they had been shuffled like a deck of cards and the best book in the box was about a Fine...

And of course, since it's all Marvel, I got a grand total of 11 of the 160 books replaced...

Agony. I've seen their attempts at fixing the packaging problems, those little checklists included with the shipments, but that happened maybe 2-3 times and haven't seen em since. I couldn't even fathom a whole year with no damages (worth calling in). I used to look forward to opening those Diamond boxes, now I need alcohol and nicotine handy, the yellow pages opened to a reputable therapist and a brown paper bag to hyperventilate into.

Checked out your TPB prices. I would actually get a better deal from you than Diamond. The irony, I'll have to buy comics for my customers at the LCS (my weekly damaged book run) and my TPB's from you.

CRC

And of course, since it's all Marvel, I got a grand total of 11 of the 160 books replaced...

Agony. I've seen their attempts at fixing the packaging problems, those little checklists included with the shipments, but that happened maybe 2-3 times and haven't seen em since. I couldn't even fathom a whole year with no damages (worth calling in). I used to look forward to opening those Diamond boxes, now I need alcohol and nicotine handy, the yellow pages opened to a reputable therapist and a brown paper bag to hyperventilate into.

Checked out your TPB prices. I would actually get a better deal from you than Diamond. The irony, I'll have to buy comics for my customers at the LCS (my weekly damaged book run) and my TPB's from you.

CRC

I have been serviced out of four different centers in the last five years, and the LA center is the best of the four. Back when my stuff came from Plattsburgh I could count on 3-5% damaged every week. On the one hand that doesn't sound too bad, 6 dinged copies out of 200 Ultimate Spideys isn't horrible. But it always seemed they would destroy all 6 copies of some title I only received 6 of... foreheadslap.gif I can find a way to dump a few dinged copies here and there, but when there isn't a single nice copy in the bunch it's a pain.

I think my worst shipment ever was when Ultimate Spidey 12 came out. I had a customer order a full case, so I had 400 copies coming. They packed them all in one coffin box for me, then didn't bother to tape the bottom of the coffin shut. Actually they tried, but the tape was only 1/4" on one half, and no one bothered to run another piece of tape. So the coffin broke open, and the UPS guys used the two interior boxes as extra seats during their lunch break. The saving grace for me was that the guy who ordered a full case disappeared about a week before the shipment arrived and never came back. He had only put 15% down on the case, so I would have been stuck with 200 extra copies. Of course, those copies would wholesale around $6 a piece now... foreheadslap.gif As it is I got credit for them and gave them away at Halloween destroyed them as required by the terms of sale agreement with Marvel.

Keep me in mind if you run into big problems with damages. I don't always have extras, but I frequently do.

'House