• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction?

56 posts in this topic

How'd everyone do? I came up with a Hulk 181 CGC 9.4 for 1,800 dollars. Tried to get a DD 81 9.4 for whoever it was that wanted one, but it went for over 200 dollars and I wasn't gonna pay that much for it. Also tried to buy that ToS 41 but it went above and beyond my expectations. Anyone else buy anything?

Brian

I won a Fantastic Four #34 in VF 8.0 for $58 after BP (guide price in VF is $73), and a copy of Fantastic Four #39 in VF- 7.5 for $60 after BP (guide price in VF is $73). smile.gif

#39 has an awesome cover with Doctor Doom, the Fantastic Four, and Daredevil, and I was shocked to win it for around guide price. shocked.gif

Did I do good, or do these early Fantastic Fours usually sell for guide?

Here are auctions with both issues (so you can see what the covers look like):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32731&item=2152511861

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32731&item=2152695036

My win:

You have won the following lots:

Lot # Amount Description

===== ========= ================

15078 37 The Amazing Spider-Man #49

(Marvel, 1967) CGC FN 6.0 Cream of off-white pages.

=========

SubTotal: 37.00

15% Buyer Premium: 6.00

P&H: *13.00

============

Amount Due: 56.00

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

In general, I was none too thrilled with their prices.. ASM 79 and 87 both went for over 300 dollars each..which is pretty high IMO. I tried to win that ASM 6 8.5 but my bid for 1,100 dollars was too low frown.gif

I also went after the DD 1 9.0 but it went above what they were going at on eBay so I stopped.

Anyways, it looks like Heritage auction prices are starting to go back up a bit.

Brian

DD 81 is a tough book to find in high grade. I went after a few books and to my surprise actually won a few. Did not try and snipe either. Just tossed in a few bids and found out this a.m. There are a few nice books still out there at reasonable prices (FFs, modern books, TTA)......

Got the Spidey 32 CGC 9.0 ($198), Fantastic Four 119 CGC 9.4 ($64), and the X-Men 128 CGC 9.6 ($78).

I wanted the Spidey 33 CGC 9.4 in the worst kinda way. It was SO perfectly centered! You rarely see that issue anywhere close to centered. But I didn't see any way in heck that it could be a 9.4; it had a 1/4" color-breaking crease in the URC, 1/8" color-breaking spine stress near bottom staple, slightly rubbed ULC, slight chipping on the right side (especially next to the "33" label), and a color fleck missing near the ULC. I would've paid at least $600 if I thought that grade was right. Anybody think I was wrong about the overgrading? Here's a scan: http://images.heritagecoin.com/images/hnai/300/13011/13011029010o.jpg

In general, I was none too thrilled with their prices.. ASM 79 and 87 both went for over 300 dollars each..which is pretty high IMO. I tried to win that ASM 6 8.5 but my bid for 1,100 dollars was too low

So maybe my asm #93 is not over-priced at $250? Same grade. Just a thought.

Ther is ASM #6 CGC 8.0 starting at $500.

I was bidding on a bunch, but only won four:

Action Comics #292 CGC VF/NM 9.0 $110.40

Action Comics #298 CGC VF+ 8.5 $87.40

X-Men #40 CGC VF+ 8.5 $47.15

X-Men #97 CGC VF+ 8.5 $65.55

The Actions were above guide, but they're hard to find. The X-Men were under guide, so I thought I got a nice deal on them.

I looked at that too, I thought that book was going way too high for how it looked. The centering was nice though.

I'm still shaking my head about 79 and 87..both of those books can and are easily had on eBay. I bought my 79 for 197 dollars from Comiclink.

And yes, your 93 is still way overpriced due to the fact it's in a part of the run where they're fairly common..see also ASM 99 which went for 150 in CGC 9.4

Brian

I won a Fantastic Four #34 in VF 8.0 for $58 after BP (guide price in VF is $73), and a copy of Fantastic Four #39 in VF- 7.5 for $60 after BP (guide price in VF is $73).

#39 has an awesome cover with Doctor Doom, the Fantastic Four, and Daredevil, and I was shocked to win it for around guide price.

Did I do good, or do these early Fantastic Fours usually sell for guide?