• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay: bogus negatives

29 posts in this topic

Listen..try reading what I posted ..before you start crying..as I stated before feedback is not a priority to me because I am mainly a buyer not a seller.. as I'm sure you are...I have my methods of doing things because believe it or not buyers bet ripped off too!! ebay is a big game and I'm trying to protect myself from dishosnest sellers...I already stated that this is what "I" do...I really don't care if you agree or not...do what works for you.. foreheadslap.gif

Further, most of the sellers that hold back feedback will leave it as soon as the buyer leaves feedback -- even if it is well within the 30 day window. So, this proves that the primary motivation for holding feedback is for intimidation purposes, NOT waiting for a 30 day window to clear.

I can see how you would feel that way, but although I sell once in a blue moon, I take feedback posted as a positive sign that the account has not been hijacked or it's not a lamer ready to cry "my credit card was stolen".

This just gives sort of a "buffer zone" that gives some level of finality to the transaction, and although the buyer could still file up to 30 days later, this is definitely not the modus operandi of account hijackers or scammers.

Further, most of the sellers that hold back feedback will leave it as soon as the buyer leaves feedback -- even if it is well within the 30 day window. So, this proves that the primary motivation for holding feedback is for intimidation purposes, NOT waiting for a 30 day window to clear.

I can see how you would feel that way, but although I sell once in a blue moon, I take feedback posted as a positive sign that the account has not been hijacked or it's not a lamer ready to cry "my credit card was stolen".

This just gives sort of a "buffer zone" that gives some level of finality to the transaction, and although the buyer could still file up to 30 days later, this is definitely not the modus operandi of account hijackers or scammers.

As a seller, I was ripped off through Paypal -- a $1,100 chargeback that the buyer claimed was identity theft 2 months later. (It was totally bogus... the guy just played the system and paypal to get thousands of dollars in free comics..... I still see the swine on ebay and it gets me steaming every time.) Anyway, the buyer left glowing feedback the day the book was delivered. (As far as Paypal was concerned, they couldn't care less about feedback 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif)

confused-smiley-013.gif

I already stated that this is what "I" do...I really don't care if you agree or not...do what works for you.. foreheadslap.gif

Come on, we are men of action, and lies do not become us.

Stating it once is an opinion, repeating it a second time is biased commentary, but following it up quickly with a third is far removed from what you are saying your reasons are.

As a seller, I was ripped off through Paypal -- a $1,100 chargeback that the buyer claimed was identity theft 2 months later. (It was totally bogus... the guy just played the system and paypal to get thousands of dollars in free comics..... I still see the swine on ebay and it gets me steaming every time.) Anyway, the buyer left glowing feedback the day the book was delivered. (As far as Paypal was concerned, they couldn't care less about feedback.

I never said they did, only that the experience you went through is quite rare, and not what usually happens in these types of scams.

It can still happen, but while you need to exercise due diligence with any Paypal transaction, you can't be overly paranoid and not post feedback for 2-3 months.

Come on, we are men of action, and lies do not become us.

Stating it once is an opinion, repeating it a second time is biased commentary, but following it up quickly with a third is far removed from what you are saying your reasons are.

AAhh..a self proclaimed philosopher.........sometimes repetition is needed when dealing with children and knuckleheads. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But when I pay via Paypal, I fully understand that it does have a 30-day clearing period and realize that it's a question of fiscal responsibility and the reality of how Paypal operates, and not anything personal.

So Joe, based on your quote above, are you saying that it's acceptable for the seller to wait 30 days for your PayPal payment to clear before shipping out the item?