• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hollywood Treasure

24 posts in this topic

Anyone catch the show HOLLYWOOD TREASURE.

http://www.syfy.com/hollywoodtreasure/

Last night they were showing some of the props from Batman and Robin. Riddler hat and cane. Hat sold for $4000. Cane didn't sell.

Ruby slippers from Wizard of Oz sold for $2 billion.

Lots of cool stuff from the movies shown.

Interesting show.

FYI: The Cane did sell for like $12k if I remember right and as pointed out earlier the Ruby slippers sold for $2 million and are the ones user for the close ups.

John

Yep, you nailed it. 4 pairs made for the film. The ones sold didn't have the noise dampening felt on the bottom as compared to the other 3 pairs, and was used for the heel clicking close-ups. $2 million paid after the auction to a private buyer. Not a bad price, yet I figured they would fetch more actually. That show has some great items to see for sure.

I absolutely love the show. (however, it is a bit staged. the acquisitions of the items that is)

I bid on the Green Goblin helmet last year.

Did not win it.

How much did that go for??? :popcorn:

I stopped watching the bidding at $4,000.

I think it went for 6K

The catalog said (I think) $2,000 - $3,000.

So I thought I had a chance at $2,500 or less.

Then again the Cap uniform said 20K -30K and it sold for a quarter of a million!!!!