• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiderman 1 Platinum has crease through front page

30 posts in this topic

Well the book still has a run of 10k. If it is decent grade it's still good (got a 9.8 Stan Lee & 8.5 Todd McFarlane)

If it's an 8.5-9.0, it's not worth SS'ing - you're looking at $110 + return shipping to get a Stan Lee sig and would end up with a book that's worth around $150-175, depending on the grade. You'd get a better return on investment selling it raw.

Agreed that is the plan, although if I can get a nice enough one with lets say a 9.4+ I will keep for my personal collection. Which this one might have been before the stupid bend from opening the book! I thik that is total ! Oh well it is what it is

I don't think CGC will remove it for u for signing. I would think u would need to remove and then get it signed in the presence of a CGC witness

CGC has cracked a slab open for me at a show for SS. I had a universal Star Wars 107 that I wanted signed by Carrie Fisher last year and they were more than happy to do it for me.

I don't think CGC will remove it for u for signing. I would think u would need to remove and then get it signed in the presence of a CGC witness

CGC has cracked a slab open for me at a show for SS. I had a universal Star Wars 107 that I wanted signed by Carrie Fisher last year and they were more than happy to do it for me.

That was last year - the rules have changed and CGC will only crack yellow label slabs at the booth now. For blue label slabs, you're on your own.