• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC 100 Page Club

44 posts in this topic

OK, after the horror thread and the price variant thread, i have decided to make...

DC 100 PAGE CLUB

Discuss anything and everything about DC 100 Pagers.

I am sure greggy has some more interesting facts about them like the previous one in another thread.

To begin with has anyone seen this sweet sweet Supes 252

What price do you think it will realize?

just what we need another 100 pager thread. BTW I think Greggy has a 9.6 of that book.
Nope....I only have a 9.4. But...hopefully this thread will stay on topic! crazy.gif

just what we need another 100 pager thread. BTW I think Greggy has a 9.6 of that book.
Nope....I only have a 9.4. But...hopefully this thread will stay on topic! crazy.gif
unlike the other DC 100 page threads?

unlike the other DC 100 page threads?

Just some rules:

1. Only DC 100 page talk.

2. No Icefires allowed

That is all

Do you think the covers would have looked better if they had omitted the smaller panels? I like the Unexpected # 162, but would like to see full cover art on it.

great avatar Deathlok, i keep meaning to complimet you! Everett does some wicked work! Anyway, while the image may be stronger that way, i love the "outdated" look of a paneled cover, they are that much more charming to me because of it, so it doesn't bug me.

ooops! wrong cover, i meant this one....

unex161.jpg

The toughest Unexpected to find in nice shape for whatever reason! frown.gif

Do you think the covers would have looked better if they had omitted the smaller panels? I like the Unexpected # 162, but would like to see full cover art on it.

I agree. One of the many reasons I like the Detective 438-443 run so much is editor Archie Goodwin's decision to buck the trend of multi-panel cover art, and go for a complete single cover image (with only small head-shots across the bottom of the page).

The original DC Super-Spec series DC-4 to DC-22 generally had a primary cover image as well. Here's a trivia question for this thread: Besides the two runs noted here, anyone know of other examples of the 100 Page format with a single panel cover? (I don't know the answer, just curious!)

I agree. One of the many reasons I like the Detective 438-443 run so much is editor Archie Goodwin's decision to buck the trend of multi-panel cover art, and go for a complete single cover image (with only small head-shots across the bottom of the page).

The original DC Super-Spec series DC-4 to DC-22 generally had a primary cover image as well. Here's a trivia question for this thread: Besides the two runs noted here, anyone know of other examples of the 100 Page format with a single panel cover? (I don't know the answer, just curious!)

That is a difficult question, I can't think of any others. I am sure greggy will be able to give a proper answer when he comes back on.

Action 437 does not have a panel cover, don't know about Action 443, which is the only other Action 100 pager.

I am sure all of the horror ones have more than one panel and i am certain the romance ones do.

Action 437 (as mentioned by ultimatevenom) and Action 443 are the only ones with a complete single panel cover with nothing else.

Batman 254 is similar to the Detective covers and to a lessor extent, Shazam 8 with the circles surrounding Captain Marvel! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif