• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181 9.8 SOLD @ $22,500.00

37 posts in this topic

Well, Ideal's 9.9 didn't sell for $60,000. So who knows.
It's not theirs and the owner is not interested in selling it as per my conversation with the guys from Ideal at the last SD convention. That book and the IM & Subby 1 CGC 9.9 were just on loan! Ideal did initially sell that book to another collector/investor who then sold it to the current owner. The current owner is apparently extremely well off so the monetary offers won't sway him that much. It's mostly for prestige that he's holding onto the book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's not theirs and the owner is not interested in selling it as per my conversation with the guys from Ideal at the last SD convention. That book and the IM & Subby 1 CGC 9.9 were just on loan! Ideal did initially sell that book to another collector/investor who then sold it to the current owner. The current owner is apparently extremely well off so the monetary offers won't sway him that much. It's mostly for prestige that he's holding onto the book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

sleeping.gifthat's what I just said

Nope...you said Ideal's. It's not their book so how could it be theirs? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif It used to be theirs, around 3 years ago! confused-smiley-013.gif

Nope...you said Ideal's. It's not their book so how could it be theirs? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif It used to be theirs, around 3 years ago! confused-smiley-013.gif
It was Ideal's in the sense that they were the middle man in the deal. I The same way you would refer to a sale on Comiclink or another site. Get with the program dude. sumo.gif

How's the QP on the 9.9? Are the pages white?

It was Ideal's in the sense that they were the middle man in the deal. I The same way you would refer to a sale on Comiclink or another site. Get with the program dude. sumo.gif
How could they be the middle man when it wasn't even on consignment? It was on loan! makepoint.gif

How could they be the middle man when it wasn't even on consignment? It was on loan! makepoint.gif
Bryce said he was taking offers on the book and relaying them to the owner. That sounds like the middle man, as I'm sure if a sale was completed Ideal would get a percentage/fee.

How's the QP on the 9.9? Are the pages white?

QP looks perfect but I wasn't able to see the BC. Yes, the pages are white. However, there may have been some slight post-slabbing damage done to the book, as it didn't look as nice structurally as the Wolverine 1 Limited Series CGC 9.9 book that they also had at SD. confused-smiley-013.gif

Are you talking about the IM Subby or the Hulk 181? confused.gif

Are you talking about the IM Subby or the Hulk 181? confused.gif

Both books used to be theirs. The same investor guy owns both now! thumbsup2.gif

However, there may have been some slight post-slabbing damage done to the book,

So what do you think it would grade out at now?

Maybe a 9.8 but I really didn't see the book up close. Personally, I felt that the top right corner was a bit weak. I'm making the assumption that it may have been the result of some post-slabbing damage. It's not the obvious type that you see on some slabs. confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe a 9.8 but I really didn't see the book up close. Personally, I felt that the top right corner was a bit weak. I'm making the assumption that it may have been the result of some post-slabbing damage. It's not the obvious type that you see on some slabs. confused-smiley-013.gif

Couldn't CGC be held responsible for damage incurred while still within the slab? A single rounded corner could mean thousands of dollars on such a book.

Couldn't CGC be held responsible for damage incurred while still within the slab? A single rounded corner could mean thousands of dollars on such a book.

It would have to be proved that CGC caused the damage. Since the damage is known to occur during shipping on most books, while still others remain undamaged during shipping. It would be difficult to find CGC at fault and not the shipper of the damaged books.

That doesn't mean we couldn't demand Steve B. get a haircut to appease our anger.

It would have to be proved that CGC caused the damage. Since the damage is known to occur during shipping on most books, while still others remain undamaged during shipping. It would be difficult to find CGC at fault and not the shipper of the damaged books.

Technically.....it is because of the CGC holder that damage occurs. Secure packaging will prevent the holder from damage, but does little to prevent the book within from impacting the corners.

That doesn't mean we couldn't demand Steve B. get a haircut to appease our anger.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif