• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Superhero Books For Sale! Actions, Batmans, Marvel Mystery, etc

36 posts in this topic

Tonight I have a small batch of books for your perusal. These all came from a recent OO find and are solid books with minor storage(moisture) issues. Great cover colors and nice page quality, a solid group of attractive books with lower technical grades.

First, the standard :blahblah:

I accept first unconditional :takeit: via post or PM, timestamp wins. Payment due within 7 days unless arranged before "I'll Take It". I accept Paypal, checks, MOs(sorry no International money orders). Please do not edit "I'll Take It" posts. PM offers do not remove items from being available unless noted. Items usually ship within 24-72 hours after payment.

Shipping in US starts at $10, $2 for each additional, PM for other International quote.

First up...

Action Comics #94 VG+ $145 offwhite to white pages, moisture to spine, rusty staples, "GB" on cover(it's on a few of these books), scuff upper left back cover

13448.jpg

13448bc.jpg

Action Comics #97 VG $145 offwhite to white pages, outside part of lower staple gone(pieces still stuck through pages to cf), slightly rusty upper staple(inside ok), spine curl. A much nicer looking copy I've downgraded due to the lower staple issue.

13449.jpg

13449bc.jpg

Airboy Comics V2 #3 VG+ $65 SOLD! one slightly rusty staple, the other is rusty, slight curl at spine due to moisture/foxing, slight upper edge ragged chew upper right cover and on back cover as well. (I didn't note page quality on this, should be comparable but I can pull the book to confirm if anyone wants)

13450.jpg

13450bc.jpg

Action 97 - nice looking book. Does the rust bleed thru onto any of the pages?

The nice thing about the rusty staples is that there were no rust stains that saturated the paper around the staples, and that included the interior pages- the rust mainly confined itself to the staple. I will double check that book for you to make sure.

The nice thing about the rusty staples is that there were no rust stains that saturated the paper around the staples, and that included the interior pages- the rust mainly confined itself to the staple. I will double check that book for you to make sure.

I checked, there is no bleed through to surrounding paper, the rust evidence is strictly where the holes are.

Batman #34 (Copy 1) VG+ $240 offwhite pages, rusty staples, slight spine roll, light stain lower right corner, small back cover stain that goes into pages at top, light right edge stain, nice solid book. Stain lower right is not as obvious in hand, it's much more subtle than cover scan shows

13452.jpg

13452bc.jpg

Thanks. That is a really nice looking copy, well-priced!

Batman #34 (Copy 1) VG- $200 offwhite pages with very light cream halo, rusty bottom staple broken off, interior parts still there, moisture to spine/edges. The scan shows the outside part of the staple still present, but it is gone.

13453.jpg

13453bc.jpg

Is the "y" on that Bats 34 a mislabel? hm

That would be par for the course, however, CGC has not worked their GACollectible Label Magic on these puppies.

Detective Comics #110 VG+ 150 SOLD! 3/8" lower spine split, rusty staples, some moisture spts/foxing on spine, some small stains very bottom edge, light bend upper right.

13454.jpg

13454bc.jpg

Marvel Mystery Comics #71 VG $325 Nice bold cover colors, cream to offwhite pages, slight spine rioll, back cover 1" tear, small chew at bottom of spine, rusty staple, small tear either side of centerfold staple but centerfold firmly attached, a couple of small front cover tears, small tears at staple, small moisture spots/foxing on spine, small chip out near lower spine. Nice solid copy that presents well.

13455.jpg

13455bc.jpg