• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series and Stan Lee

26 posts in this topic

Do you think Stan Lees autograph adds any value to a comic that he signs, seeing as his autograph is everywhere?

Yes, I think it does add value. A modern book like Stan Lee Meets Spider-man might be worth about $1 but when I add Stan Lee's signature to the book (via cgc ss) it has sold for anywhere from $150 to over $300, like when he signed it with Excelsior.

Stan is going to be one of those heads in a jar like you see on Futurama. He will be signing 200 years from now albeit with a robotic arm and hand. Then the collectors will argue about which signatures are worth more, the organic Stan's or the "head in a jar" Stan's.

Babe Ruth signed more memorabilia than any baseball star in his (and possibly any era other than Pete Rose) and his signed items are at the top of any collector's want list and the premiums are staggering.

Ed R

Babe Ruth signed more memorabilia than any baseball star in his (and possibly any era other than Pete Rose) and his signed items are at the top of any collector's want list and the premiums are staggering.

Ed R

Many of the Ruth autographs were signed by his wife and his sister... even the checks...

About ten years ago, I went and collected all of the Yankee autographs that I wanted. I avoided even considering the Ruth autograph for that very reason. He is one of two autographs I would like to have on a baseball but do not own. The other missing signature is Mantle.

It adds value. I would pay say more for a 7.5 SS than a 8.0 non-SS. He won't live forever. Also, higher grade SA books with SS are hard to come by. All IMO. I would not get a SS on a pedigree book though. Also IMO. I have a lot of Stan Lee on Key SA books. I don't have the risk factor to SS a HG SA book 8.5 or higher due to the costs of a possible lower grade and Stan defacing the book with his unique sketch.