• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBAY....

48 posts in this topic

I sent my friend in Germany something six months ago. We had completely forgotten about it, it was just something small and not very valuable... Anyway, it arrived last week. International shipping is a pain in the , but you will most likely get it, just wait it out.

I sent something to a buyer in Germany on May 8, and here it is July 17 and the fershlugginer thing hasn't arrived yet. Anybody else have any trouble shipping to Germany? Why does it take so long? I thought Germans were supposed to be the most efficient people on the planet.

Just a follow-up: Anybody have any trouble when shipping to Germany? Should I consider not offering items to sale to people in that country (and if not, what other countries might be added to that list)? I sold a comic to a guy on May 7, mailed it May 8, and tracking says it left the U.S. on May 10. After that, Priority Mail does not offer any further tracking -- you have to use Registered Mail for that "service level."

The buyer still hasn't received it (or says he hasn't). Why on earth would it take more than two months (and at this point nearly 3 months) for an item to get to a location in Germany? We're talking a very low-cost item, maybe $10. There is no indication the address was filled out incorrectly, or anything like that.

Just curious if anybody has any insight on this situation.

I am pretty sure my Priority mail packages to Germany have regularly showed additional details after it left the country, including "into foreign customs", "out of foreign customs", "at delivery unit", and "delivered". If yours does not show anything else, the buyer probably did not receive it.

Priority is not guaranteed to provide that level of detail, but in my experience shipping throughout the world, it always has.

In a related story, last summer I purchased an Blackest Night OA page from a seller and after a few weeks I told the seller that I didn't receive it. He promptly refunded the money and I never heard from him again. Last week the piece went on sale by the seller again (for 50% higher than I won it for) so I sent a message to the seller saying "I see the art finally turned up". I did not get a response, and I have always wondered if he never mailed it in the first place.

I am pretty sure my Priority mail packages to Germany have regularly showed additional details after it left the country, including "into foreign customs", "out of foreign customs", "at delivery unit", and "delivered". If yours does not show anything else, the buyer probably did not receive it. Priority is not guaranteed to provide that level of detail, but in my experience shipping throughout the world, it always has.

Argh. Well, I called the USPS phone number for queries related to tracking issues, and the woman on the phone told me that the tracking info is limited for Priority. Anyway, the buyer has been pretty unhappy with the wait. It's long past the eBay time period for him to seek a refund, but I have been trying to give him all the info and help I can.

I have had bad experiences with mail from Germany. I once received an empty envelope, where eBay sided with me. Now, I am waiting for a regular book from Germany that I paid for on June 23rd. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will eventually show up.