• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most Awesome Hulk vs. Wolverine Artwork I've Ever Seen

65 posts in this topic

He's been burned to a skeleton and regenerated.

Which is exactly why I love old school Wolverine and hate the Wolverine of the past 15 or so years. He used to go down with one or two bullets and then heal. Daredevil 196 is a good example of how he should be. He used to at least be vulnerable. Now he can take 50 bullets and not go down. Wolverine Blood Debt is a good example of taking his healing power over the top. He is like a precrisis Superman. I still don't know how they "killed" him in Enemy of the State so they could resurrect him under the influence of the Hand.

Agreed. +1. It's like writers now don't realize that it's a character's weaknesses that also make him interesting and they just take the character's strengths too far. If being completely burned or even getting his own claws stuck through his brain won't kill him, how is the Punisher or Magneto going to kill him? It's not an interesting fight anymore. It's like if Superman was the fastest guy in all of DC, then wtf is the reason for the Flash?

I'm not sure even those injuries would kill Wolvie either would they? I think his healing factor would pull him thru even that no?

As long as he's stuck to the tree like that, with the claws in his noodle, I don't think his brain would heal. Kinda like the old vampire films where the vampire regenerates when the stake is pulled from his heart (back when vampires didn't explode or go poof! when staked). That is unless his mutation allows his brain to make new connections around the blades until brain function is restored. Then he'd have to find a way to unstick himself from the tree without any arms. Seems to me every time he moved the claws would slice through those new connections causing new and constant damage.

I guess he'd just stay propped up there like a human voodoo doll... forever?. How would his healing factor deal with, say, 100 years with no food or water? His mutation is healing, not immortality, and it has to have its limits. That's best illustrated by the fact that he ages (slowly).

We have (far weaker) healing factors too but we can die, and the same should be for Wolvie. Imagine if the Hulk had used the claws to take off his head, then threw it straight up launching it into space (I'm in the camp that believes, with enough force, adamantium can slice through adamantium).

I know next to nothing about the modern Wolverine, so if he's growing new limbs or new brains and other organs or whatever, then meh! Boring

ps Awesome art :applause: