• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IT SOLD!!! OMG

30 posts in this topic

Why can't you believe it? A 9.2 sold about 2 years ago for a little over 18K. Given the scarcity of this book, amd the fact that we may not see a 9.4 offered publically for a LONG time, 20K is agressive but far from unbelievable.

What I find more unbelievable was some of the most recent Heritage results. 3K for a DD #17, and 2K+ for a 9.2 ASM #50. Now those are crazy. insane.gif

Tom Cruise is the worst over acting cheeseball there is but he should give the movie the necessary props to make it a blockbuster. If they do the armor properly it should be fairly easy to make this a hit. Who do you think would be a good villain? The Living Laser comes to mind.

Who do you think would be a good villain?

I don't know, whenever I think of Iron Man, I recall a lot of cheesy villains.

Frankly, Tony Stark's best nemesis was always himself.

Actually this is how I would see the Iron Man movie.

Open with successful Tony Stark running the day-to day operations of his vast technological empire, Stark Enterprises. He is also shown as being the rich playboy that he is. One day he hears on the news how some people are being threatened by a supervillain (any will do Blizzard, Whiplash, Unicorn, etc.) Tony immediately changes into the red and gold Iron Man armor.

During the battle with the villain, Tony sustains damage to himself. Although he saves the day by rescuing the people and putting the bad guy in jail, he must return home wounded. While tending to his wounds, he turns to drinking to numb the pain of his injuries. He secludes himself in his office ignoring the duties of his position at the company.

During one of his drunken slumbers, we flashback to the jungles of Vietnam where we discover why Tony must wear the Iron Man armor. Tony awakes to the sound of the news again regarding another crime in progress, but Tony is too drunk fight effectively. So he is disgraced in front of the media, which casts doubt on the Iron Man as a hero.

So Tony must overcome his addiction, with the help of one of his females (Bethany, Pepper, etc.) and rebound back to fight a major villain at the end of the movie.

cloud9.gif

sorry for the OT

TOS 39 is a hot book only if Tom Cruise is confirmed as Tony Stark in the future Iron Man movie. Still don't like the right edge on that hi-grade copy though. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif Choppy.

tom cruise as tony stark? can he even grow a mustache? and isn't he a little short?

Deathlok,

I like the first half but I remember the whole alcohol thing when they started writing it and it really turned me off. That's saying a lot because he probably was my favorite character back then. That story line just went on and on, and with bad art, it just bored the hell out of me. Life's tough enough, I don't want to read about some guy fighting the bottle for 20 issues. Give me villain's! The Doc Doom story of issues 149-150 would be a great IM #2 especially if the FF movie comes out before it.

I agree that maybe the dragged it out a little, but Alcoholism isn't easy to fight. I like the idea of this superhero that takes on bad guys and doind incredible things, but has difficulty fighting his addicition.

Like most superheros, they should also have a weakness or vulnerability. So this should play a part in the movie, if made.