• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

also...

The CBLDF brought all the Revivals they had left for me at WWChicago...maybe 10 left and of those 10 half were ripped...

Also heard that half were originally given out at a fundraiser and most were tossed out by people attending?

This is my first spoiler question from issue one (I re-read today)...

Did you notice that the alien thing said where's the baby in weird alien speak? What are your thoughts on that? I totally dug granny coming back in the second issue preview.

I mention this about 12 pages back and think it went unnoticed. Maybe the baby was an Alien and was first to land (crash) and caused all these events. I think someone mentioned that t might have meant Cooper but I would think he was to old to be classed as a baby.

Sorry I missed your original comment on this. Another thought is that "he" could be just repeating what he's heard. We'll see. Issue 2 looks awesome.

^ this is what I thought happened. I thought he was just mimicing

also...

The CBLDF brought all the Revivals they had left for me at WWChicago...maybe 10 left and of those 10 half were ripped...

Also heard that half were originally given out at a fundraiser and most were tossed out by people attending?

Great one Jon, Although I hate stories like this...Why do people treat comics so badly, They may be freebies to them but they obviously don't know how much they mean to us collectors :cry:

Same thing with the Walking Dead #100 Escape variant, you know how many of those were taken home only to be thrown away? Hell I bet if you searched the nearest garbage can to the exit there were a ton in there as well.

Some people have absolutely no idea how much these comics are desired by a few of us. Can't blame them really, although I secretly do.

Makes it hard to plan a ss when the guy says earlier in the week he won't be there

Not when any experienced SS person is there (and there are plenty there). You always bring the "just encase" pile. It wouldn't surprise me if I see some Seeley SS on my account by the end of the week. ;)

also...

Any reason why they were buying copies back?

Huh?

Only 3 CBLFD?
Makes it hard to plan a ss when the guy says earlier in the week he won't be there

Not when any experienced SS person is there (and there are plenty there). You always bring the "just encase" pile. It wouldn't surprise me if I see some Seeley

SS on my account by the end of the week. ;)

It's hard to plan when you don't attend....its hard to plan when you don't have a gaggle of friends who are attending who are looking out for you...

Same thing with the Walking Dead #100 Escape variant, you know how many of those were taken home only to be thrown away? Hell I bet if you searched the nearest garbage can to the exit there were a ton in there as well.

Some people have absolutely no idea how much these comics are desired by a few of us. Can't blame them really, although I secretly do.

hm

I don't think it's the same thing, although I understand your frustration. The Revival variant was given out for doing nothing, but showing up to the VIP event...larger ratio of uninterested recipients.

On the other hand, TWD run issued the variant for free, but you had to work your arse for it. Several factors lead me to believe that these were not "thrown away". Sense of accomplishment with a prize at the end, die hard Walking Dead fans coveting the variant, flippers, etc. not to mention that you had people at the gates offering you cash for them in case you didn't want them. This event was far more fan-based. ;)

also...

They brought the books FOR him. :gossip:

I know I'm coming in super late on this thread but why do people like this book so much. I read it because I like Hack/Slash, so I gave it a try and liked it.

I don't understand why it blew up tho.

It got a lot of play on a comic book message board.

also...

Huh?

lol I bet I read that 5 times and never saw that. :insane: Thought it said bought lol. doh!

Edited by Fastballspecial