• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

But I'll drop a FACT. I know of one Hollywood Producer/Director seeking the rights; I should know since I gave him the book weeks ago.

Speculate that.

BOOM!

Who's going to be the to first to use the title on eBay: "revival #1 NM Movie & TV show coming! CGC IT! walking dead kirkman HOT!"

You forgot to add 19 27 100

You guys are all silly.

Just because something isn't chew and he's telling you to sell doesn't mean you should dump it.

Sorry Branget, but you can still buy me lunch again in Toronto next week.

The market is the market, no need to manipulate with opinions. If you like the book, buy it. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

If you want to risk it and speculate so be it.

Branget is not the smartest man on the boards, I'm not the smartest man on the boards either.

But I'll drop a FACT. I know of one Hollywood Producer/Director seeking the rights; I should know since I gave him the book weeks ago.

Speculate that.

Dre, you so dreamy :luhv:

Got my $50 black and white variant from mile high

today. Perfect copy. After hearing the horror stories

I was a little scared but they came through.

When did you order?

I'm curious cause I ordered on Friday evening and have since received a few confirmation emails but nothing regarding shipping or tracking info yet...

Got my $50 black and white variant from mile high

today. Perfect copy. After hearing the horror stories

I was a little scared but they came through.

When did you order?

I'm curious cause I ordered on Friday evening and have since received a few confirmation emails but nothing regarding shipping or tracking info yet...

I ordered on 8/5.

Yeah, emails from the "back-order" department? Yargh! Well if they're still selling them now for one hundred dollars, then they still have them to begin with, so I'm not worried about that. We will see if they meet my ship-in-a-box specifications. =)

Yeah, emails from the "back-order" department? Yargh! Well if they're still selling them now for one hundred dollars, then they still have them to begin with, so I'm not worried about that. We will see if they meet my ship-in-a-box specifications. =)

They did on mine.

no one detected my subtle sarcasm in that smartest man post....

:boo:

Oh I did.

Trouble is with Branget - who I still respect - is that all this "info" is all to his own end.

I agree that if you buy 100 x every #1 you will be up the creek.

If you look,watch and wait with MODERNS you can:

1) Evaluate the writer and artist and how they are liked by the comic buyers

2) The estimated print run

but 3) most importantly - if YOU like it. If you think its a great book,chances are a lot of other peeps will too.

Sell all after #2 has been out 2 days - wtf would you?

I knew nothing about a TV show - I read the premis,liked it,bought up 30+ copies and slabbed them (however when that finishes god knows - Joey has them and CGC is wayyy slow atm).

Like someone said - I'm in $70 for raws.Total.

I chose to make the decision to CGC on the basis on the FEEDBACK of people who had READ the comic and loved it.

They tell their friends etc etc.

This book will be great until the story stops being great.

The best time to sell is when you detect the standard of the book dropping.

My only unrecoupable loss is Dancer (all 8 copies..lol).

My only high (for me 30+ purchases) are Saga,Peter Panzerfaust, The Walking Dead, Irredeemable Antman (at less than $1 each) and now Revival.

My only other spec is Bedlam - I have ordered 50 copies and I'm in for all of $75.

This thread has become a who-can-wee-higher-contest and its getting a bit tedious.

Krighton,HugeRosen,Me,Branget,Miso et al all have our own thoughts on the subject of Moderns and Branget has done brilliantly well on the back of 2 books. (worship)

Well done to you Jeff,but if revival is a 3rd, let others enjoy being right as well as you without the market manipulatory comments.

Oh well - back to the thread about a comic with 2 published issues and 1500 posts on it. (thumbs u

Tut,Tut Jeff - "I would sell them now" is like God delivering a commandment to some.

You know you carry considerable clout in this forum mate - a lot of people look up to you for advise.

This was never the time to sell a growing book - before #2...

Sure If #2 and #3 were atrocious, then perhaps, but you kinda were suggesting for people to dump and run for a small mark up.

Do you think anyone would buy up all those #1 for $12- $15 Jeff? hm

I could think of one or two...

Anyhow,once BeachBums bombshell billows across the net,I think a bright future ala ToT at least beckons.

I still like the book regardless and think there is more stable value to come in the next 6 months or so. (thumbs u

no one detected my subtle sarcasm in that smartest man post....

:boo:

Oh I did.

Trouble is with Branget - who I still respect - is that all this "info" is all to his own end.

I agree that if you buy 100 x every #1 you will be up the creek.

If you look,watch and wait with MODERNS you can:

1) Evaluate the writer and artist and how they are liked by the comic buyers

2) The estimated print run

but 3) most importantly - if YOU like it. If you think its a great book,chances are a lot of other peeps will too.

Sell all after #2 has been out 2 days - wtf would you?

I knew nothing about a TV show - I read the premis,liked it,bought up 30+ copies and slabbed them (however when that finishes god knows - Joey has them and CGC is wayyy slow atm).

Like someone said - I'm in $70 for raws.Total.

I chose to make the decision to CGC on the basis on the FEEDBACK of people who had READ the comic and loved it.

They tell their friends etc etc.

This book will be great until the story stops being great.

The best time to sell is when you detect the standard of the book dropping.

My only unrecoupable loss is Dancer (all 8 copies..lol).

My only high (for me 30+ purchases) are Saga,Peter Panzerfaust, The Walking Dead, Irredeemable Antman (at less than $1 each) and now Revival.

A whole bunch of this post confuses me. How are my comments to my own end??

Your points 1,2 and 3 can mean absolutely nothing in the secondary market. Are we talking about the secondary market? This also applies to the book being hot as long as the story is good. That just isn't true in general.

You claim highs but doesn't that mean that you sold some? When did you do that?

I always recommend buying what you love. I did mention my Chew hoarding right? The discussion turned into a money making one. The book just sold for over $100 in 9.8. How many other titles have done that and ifi submitted 30+ copies (like Saga) I'll take $100 all day everyday. My primary question was always how high do you think it will go or how high until you are prompted to sell?

You bought 30 copies and slabbed them. Assuming Fast track and other costs you're in for $1k? You have a chance to triple your money right now and the decision is to hold?

Tut,Tut Jeff - "I would sell them now" is like God delivering a commandment to some.

You know you carry considerable clout in this forum mate - a lot of people look up to you for advise.

This was never the time to sell a growing book - before #2...

Sure If #2 and #3 were atrocious, then perhaps, but you kinda were suggesting for people to dump and run for a small mark up.

Do you think anyone would buy up all those #1 for $12- $15 Jeff? hm

I could think of one or two...

Anyhow,once BeachBums bombshell billows across the net,I think a bright future ala ToT at least beckons.

I still like the book regardless and think there is more stable value to come in the next 6 months or so. (thumbs u

Is that it? My deepest apologies everyone. I only sell graded comics. 99.9% of my comments are about graded comics and not raw. The raw market on eBay seems awful for Revival but I'm not checking regularly. I make little or no comments about raw comics. I'd personally look to Hawkman for advice in that area.

As for clout I think you're overstating but who knows. I get asked for advice in PM's and take any open discussion as just that......a discussion.

When I look at the average family income and I see boardies here who can earn far more by selling a single comic a day and choose to hold I think....... :screwy:

Your 30+ copies equates to over $40k employment income a year if you could sell and replicate the sale of one a day. 2c