• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,376 posts in this topic

This happens with a lot of books (shared art duties that is) (shrug)

Plus the CBDLF, for #9, has been the only variant I am aware off, outside of the phantoms, since issue #1

I really don't understand your logic? You don't like Larry, I get it, but with 1 variant for each issue except #1 (4 in total) and #9 (2) then it's not like there are loads of variants, although I am deliberately ignoring later prints here. Plus it seems that you are the only one moaning about them regarding this particular book (shrug)

i know it happens in a lot of books, and that is unfortunate indeed.

i guess im just disappointed, as i was told last summer that there were not going to be so many vaiants. i understand the creators have to make money, just saddened by it is all.

i will admit that i am surprised you are not collecting all of the prints, given the awesomeness of your signature

Looks like Skottie Young is doing the cover for #12. revival12-web.jpg

Maybe the only Skottie variant cover that I find pretty darn cool. Mostly because the kid is actually a kid and not baby-fied.

Yeah, I typically consider his variants gimicky tripe but I actually like that cover. It may be because it is an actualy child but it also waxes nostalgic with the Skeletor and Battle-Cat.

Look at all the real estate for sketch ops, its almost a Revival blank we have here.

I'm not a hater on the variant, but I'm disappointed that the continuity of the Jenny covers won't be there. This cover will stick out like a sore thumbs in a colllection without a 'regular' cover for continuity IMHO.

I really don't understand your logic? You don't like Larry, I get it, but with 1 variant for each issue except #1 (4 in total) and #9 (2) then it's not like there are loads of variants, although I am deliberately ignoring later prints here. Plus it seems that you are the only one moaning about them regarding this particular book (shrug)

He collects 10 of each book, so I would think that every variant is a right kick to the nads.

I'm not a hater on the variant, but I'm disappointed that the continuity of the Jenny covers won't be there. This cover will stick out like a sore thumbs in a colllection without a 'regular' cover for continuity IMHO.

+1

Jenny :luhv: ( :gossip: and her covers are great too! lol )

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be a good fit missing a Jenny Cover...

zv1zly.jpg

Get your Variant!

I am actually liking that Revival Young Cover! I know it is sad that we won't be getting any Frison on that issue doh!

I just wanted everyone to see the print that I received from an awesome friend (FishingJason) that was remarked/inscribed by Mike Norton for me!

It is signed by Norton, Seeley, and Frison :cloud9:

The 1st pic is the print with the CBLDF issue of #9.

20130506_223326_zpsb7efdc30.jpg

The 2nd pic is the close up of the remark by Norton. "Hey George, gimmie one them CGC 9.9s." Glad he didn't ask for my 10 :banana:

20130506_223352_zps0c424ec1.jpg

Thanks again for the look everyone! :whee:

R_H

Edited by Revival_Hoarder

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Hey Harvey,

Sorry, but it is all three sigs, i.e. Norton, Seeley, and some chick name Frison :whee:

9.9s and ONE 10 < so far :wishluck:

R_H

Yeah yeah Mr. 10 - Grammar Patrol on the loose! lol

He collects 10 of each book, so I would think that every variant is a right kick to the nads.

For this title i only collect the rack issued copies. Thankfully i learned of the virus variants BEFORE i attempted to pick up the variants.