• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stuff of Legend/Mouse Guard Discussion

26 posts in this topic

Get your orders in :)

http://www.th3rdworld.com/stuff-5korbust.html

Rare Stuff of Legend variant promo!

As some of you may know, the first issue of Volume 04 of Stuff of Legend is in this month's Previews (JUL121224). This issue kicks off an exciting new storyline that will see the return of fan favorite, Max the Teddy/Grizzly bear, as well as the entire cast of characters. Paired with the successful release of our first Hardcover Omnibus and the incredible announcement about Walt Disney Pictures pre-emptive deal for The Stuff of Legend, we believe this volume can be our most successful yet! To ensure that success and to entrench the series longevity in the Direct Market, we would like to make a special offer to our retail partners.

I'm sure that many of you have noticed the slew of Kickstarter projects that work outside of the Direct Market and have incentives based on supporter buy-in. Many of these incentives are not available to retailers, but Th3rd World believes that publishers and retailers working together spells success in the Direct Market. For that reason we have created our own "Stretch Goal" that operates within the Direct Market Diamond system to reward retailers that support the Stuff of Legend.

5K OR BUST STRETCH GOAL!

If we can attain a 5000 copy or greater order for Issue 01 Volume 04 through Diamond, EVERY retailer who ordered 20 or more copies will receive a unique and numbered variant edition of the book. Every 20 books ordered will get you an additional one of these numbered books! The total number of books will be limited to the number ordered. THERE WILL BE NO EXTRAS (other than run off for damages). This book is sure to be extremely rare and a VERY valuable book amongst collectors. Our hope is that this incentive will reward our current supporters and encourage new ones to try us out! If this works we will continue this special incentive for all future issues of The Stuff of Legend. This variant is ONLY distributed if we reach the 5k goal with initial orders.

Thank you for your continued support of THE STUFF OF LEGEND. If you need any additional information about the series or this promo contact us at Info@th3rdworld.com.

Thanks for the news, Anthony.

Neither of my two LCSs carry SOL. So I'm wondering if I encourage them to order copies enough for variants, would they get stuck with the copies ordered if the 5k limit is not reached? Trying to figure out details before I encourage them to expand their line. I always have to buy my these books online.

I already emailed them as well.

I am buying the 20 from my LCS (they are giving me variant if one) and then giving out most of the copies. I figure if I get the variant it's worth the cost, if no variant, then maybe I can get people interested enough for an issue 2 variant.

Thanks for the news, Anthony.

Neither of my two LCSs carry SOL. So I'm wondering if I encourage them to order copies enough for variants, would they get stuck with the copies ordered if the 5k limit is not reached? Trying to figure out details before I encourage them to expand their line. I always have to buy my these books online.

I already emailed them as well.

no 5k no variant. Well Devito hinted he might still do it if the advanced orders are close.

I am buying the 20 from my LCS (they are giving me variant if one) and then giving out most of the copies. I figure if I get the variant it's worth the cost, if no variant, then maybe I can get people interested enough for an issue 2 variant.

I think this is a great idea, I'm going to pitch it to my LCS.