• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bloodshot 0 Platinum CGC 9.8 on ebay

47 posts in this topic

Seems like the 1913 Liberty Head nickel story... just 80 years later. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

(Sorry for the coinee reference.) grin.gif

So...it's an illegally produced book. Sorry...coinee reference! foreheadslap.gif

Illegal? Well, no... the U.S. government doesn't care.

I'd say "unauthorized" as opposed to "illegal".

Like "pot"... VALIANTMAN?

I'm not ruling out the possibility of some kind of substance...

Final auction price: $2,067. 893whatthe.gif

I sniped $2100 and my PC locked up. No buy for me. Can't believe it. Stoooopid PC!

If you're serious... there are TWO copies of this book at CGC 9.8.

I know the guy with the other one... $2100 might interest him.

I can't believe I don't have a copy... some "valiantman" I am. tongue.gif

I sniped $2100 and my PC locked up. No buy for me. Can't believe it. Stoooopid PC!

If you're serious... there are TWO copies of this book at CGC 9.8.

I know the guy with the other one... $2100 might interest him.

I can't believe I don't have a copy... some "valiantman" I am. tongue.gif

Please, allow me to contact him myself. PM me any contact information if you don't mind. Thanks!

It says a lot to me that the true die-hard Valiant collectors (guys that participate at Valiantman's site) didn't even come close to the high bid on that book. If the people who really love and care about Valiant didn't think the book was worth that kind of money, then who is it worth that much to?

True, I don't currently have that kind of money in my budget to drop on one book, but if I did, I think it would have been on a book with a bit more of an established track record.

And this went unsold - I had the following email today - can anyone say sniped to far:

Dear comicmankev,

Hello, The winning bidder of my item BLOODSHOT 0 Platinum Rarest Book CGC 9.8 !!Item number: 2251768417 bid incorrectly and no longer wishes to purchase, I would still like to sell the item. Would you like to purchase the item? Please let me know, thanks. Have a nice day.

Thank you,

melkens

893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gifforeheadslap.gif

And this went unsold - I had the following email today - can anyone say sniped to far:

Dear comicmankev,

Hello, The winning bidder of my item BLOODSHOT 0 Platinum Rarest Book CGC 9.8 !!Item number: 2251768417 bid incorrectly and no longer wishes to purchase, I would still like to sell the item. Would you like to purchase the item? Please let me know, thanks. Have a nice day.

Funny how the *buyer* didn't "bid incorrectly" just once, but twice. 27_laughing.gif

Obviously a shill friend of his, trying to make sure that the second bidder paid through the nose. Of course, it looks like he went a bit too far, and the second place guy likely smells the scam.

It's also funny that the "note" to comicmankev

isn't even signed by the seller.

The seller was "melken". I doubt if he adds an "s" to make "melkens" for fun.

This is the actual seller.

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=melken

This is the guy who contacted comicmankev...

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=melkens

If the note you received is from "melkens", you found a scammer.

"melken" didn't contact you because the high bidder IS buying.

I had an email from the high bidder today...