• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Pretty DCs for 6/18/04

25 posts in this topic

from the light traffic on my 3 GL's posted yesterday, i'd have to say that the Marvel Zombies rule. but, we'll test that today with 5 HG copies of a lesser marvel title - Strange Tales.

Give the thread a bump, I can't even find it. It's lost in cyberspace...

This cover has always made me 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As late as 1970, DC is having Neal Adams draw covers explicitly marketing the books to children. Now we all think it was great that 1960s/1970s books actually sold to kids in such great numbers, but my take is that kids above the age of say 7 don't want things thought of as kid's stuff. Can anyone recall a Marvel Comic from a similar period where they put little children on the cover? Just seems another example of how DC underestimated the changes that Stan Lee & co brought to the industry!

This cover has always made me 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As late as 1970, DC is having Neal Adams draw covers explicitly marketing the books to children. Now we all think it was great that 1960s/1970s books actually sold to kids in such great numbers, but my take is that kids above the age of say 7 don't want things thought of as kid's stuff. Can anyone recall a Marvel Comic from a similar period where they put little children on the cover? Just seems another example of how DC underestimated the changes that Stan Lee & co brought to the industry!

Adams was drawing kid covers much later than ' 70.....

468.jpg

466.jpg