• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Help, Possibly Buying a Restored ASM #1

44 posts in this topic

Don't buy it. Not unless it is CGC graded and the restoration has been noted. If he allows you a 15-30 day return then you have time to send it to CGC for grading. What I find interesting with many "dealers," they won't send in these books to CGC. Why? 1) It costs money. 2) The grade will probably be lower than their grade. 3) Restoration will more than likey be noted. Key expensive books bought raw should be avoided.

I do agree, but one of the reasons that he does not CGC is because he's based in the UK. (I'm here for a few months on business.) I've already bought a raw ASM 129 off of him which I got slabbed as a 9.6, which he sold at a much lower price than a 9.6 would garner.

Don't buy it. Not unless it is CGC graded and the restoration has been noted. If he allows you a 15-30 day return then you have time to send it to CGC for grading. What I find interesting with many "dealers," they won't send in these books to CGC. Why? 1) It costs money. 2) The grade will probably be lower than their grade. 3) Restoration will more than likey be noted. Key expensive books bought raw should be avoided.

4) It also takes it out of their inventory for a period of time when it could be up for sale. With the big price tag books I could see them fearing a missed opportunity for a sale.

(granted their # of sales ops increases with a slabbed "verified" book, vs a raw one.

4) It also takes it out of their inventory for a period of time when it could be up for sale. With the big price tag books I could see them fearing a missed opportunity for a sale.

(granted their # of sales ops increases with a slabbed "verified" book, vs a raw one.

true. also cant someone like harley yee sell an unslabbed book at a slabbed price because his grading is so dead on accurate and almost everyone i have seen write about him, swear by his grading?

oh wow, people calling other people noobs on a chatboard. what are we 12? who else here subscribes to INTERNET TOUGH GUY magazine?

itguy.jpg

Hilarious Pov. :roflmao:

Some more Issues

462992216_541e6a0d00.jpg

127148.jpg