• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who needs passes for SDCC?

21 posts in this topic

Every year, it seems like fewer and fewer true comic book collectors are able to get into the show. Its bad for the collectors and its bad for the dealers. I would like to help some of you get in to the show.

San Diego allows exhibitors to purchase passes, in addition to the ones which we are allotted for our booths. The costs on these are $250 for exhibitor passes (and you don't have to wait in line), or $175 for regular attendee passes). I don't have many available, but I might be able to get a few more from other dealers if needed (we will cross that bridge when we come to it).

I am making nothing on these, just offering them as a service to others. Paypal must be either personal, or you cover the fees.

My first priority would be to people who have purchased from me before, and then I would open it up to other people who actively collect Golden Age and Silver Age comics.

Let me be clear, I am not interested in getting someone in who wants to get in to meet Walking Dead stars, or go get the exclusives to sell on ebay.

If you are interested, please contact me through PM. If I don't know you, I will ask for references, either from a dealer, or from someone I know on the boards.

These passes MAY NOT BE SOLD BY YOU, and you will have to provide ID to get in the door. You will be able to pick the passes up in front of the convention center, once you arrive.

Dale

As someone who spends a ton of time in the gold and silver area, I applaud this. I already have a pass or I would take you up on the dealer one.

If you just need random help, let me know.

I keep trying to convince the starf***ers that they need to see more at SDCC and to convince them that lines are bad things, but I think it is a losing battle.

Without Dale my streak of attending SDCC would be in jeopardy. For 3 years now he has unselfishly helped me out this way and I am eternally grateful - and I also plan to spend most of my gold coins at his booth :headbang: Which isn't a hard thing to do anyway.....

Thanks Dale - this is awesome and a godsend for collectors like myself who have for one reason or another "missed the boat" on getting a pass.

(worship)

wth? Good show sir! :applause: I am not making SDCC, but it is wonderful to see someone doing something like this for fellow board members and profiting off it not a lick! Very glad to see this!

Well, I wouldn't say that it is completely selfless. I do hope that whoever gets a badge from me will at least take a look through my inventory to see if there is something they need, but I won't require that they buy something from me. More money around the Silver Gold pavillion is good for all of us. Keeps the dealers happy and coming back, and that keeps plenty of good books for the customers to look at.

wth? Good show sir! :applause: I am not making SDCC, but it is wonderful to see someone doing something like this for fellow board members and profiting off it not a lick! Very glad to see this!

Well, I wouldn't say that it is completely selfless. I do hope that whoever gets a badge from me will at least take a look through my inventory to see if there is something they need, but I won't require that they buy something from me. More money around the Silver Gold pavillion is good for all of us. Keeps the dealers happy and coming back, and that keeps plenty of good books for the customers to look at.

:hail: