• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gauging interest in a Bing Cansino sketch opportunity (UPDATE)

34 posts in this topic

Can you tell us approximately what he charged you for the Batman piece he did for you?

It was $350. 11 x 17, two characters with background. The Punisher piece I posted is for sale for $250.

So sketch covers with single characters, most likely not full figure, and limited backgrounds will be even more reasonable.

I wasn't trying to be. lol

$350 for a Batman commission that detailed, that large and that complex is a lot less than some less talented guys are charging.

Given how small and how relatively simple a sketch cover would be I imagine it would be a fraction of that cost.

Sarcasm at its best.

Actually most 11 x 17 full detail with background commissions sell for considerably more. I'm not sure why you're bringing negativity to the thread.

For the rest of you, hopefully I'll get the details in the next couple days.

Sarcasm at its best.

Actually most 11 x 17 full detail with background commissions sell for considerably more. I'm not sure why you're bringing negativity to the thread.

I wasn't talking to you, I was poking fun at comix4fun.

Sarcasm at its best.

I wasn't talking to you, I was poking fun at comix4fun.

pd1514500.jpg

:news:

I just spoke with Kirk Dilbeck and it's definitely going to happen.

Kirk has been a rep for a fair amount of artist for some time, but this will be the first sketch cover opportunity he's given. Rest assured, he is top notch and several board members already deal with him. Here's his gallery on CAF.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=14545

He's going to contact Michael Balent at CGC to draw up the contract, then make a screen name so he can present the offer directly.