• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally.. posted by B. Koski

5 posts in this topic

I figured out what issue I already own to have signed by Stan the Man....

The issue I have is Tales of Suspence #52. It's the 1st appearance of Black Widow. I can't wait! This issue is decent in grade and the fact that it's an issue Stan actually wrote. I don't understand how people get random issues signed by Stan Lee, I'm talking issues he had nothing to do with! Boggles the mined..well anyway here's the issue how it stands right now, I'll post again once its sig seriesed...can't wait!

11531.jpg

See more journals by B. Koski

Nice book - it'll look even better as a Signature Series :) I also wonder about the excess of Stan Lee signatures on comics he had nothing to do with? Maybe it's because comics that he's worked on in descent condition are $$$$?

Good luck!

Once Stan signs this book - it's value will increase by 100's of dollars!! Nice choice!! (thumbs u

I had to comment in regards to your statement of people having books signed by Stan in which he had nothing to do with the book. I guess I would be one of those people!! :-)

My reasons are pretty clear; Stan Lee is a living LEGEND! Once people read his bio and learn of his extensive background, you cannot help but to LOVE "the man!" Further, he has the type of Star power in the comic world to sign just about any Marvel book - and it will increase in its overall value - period! He is the "Godfather" of the Marvel Universe in other words!

More importantly, Stan Lee was born on December 28, 1922, which makes this vibrant man 89 years old!! He will be blessed to see his "90th" year in 2012!! That means, Stan will not be signing too much longer - Unless he himself is a "Superhuman" and has access to some "life-water" that will provide him with another 20-30 years! However, we have to be practical here, so If you want to secure this legend's famous signature - NOW is the time to do it!!

There may be many of you that will have opposing thoughts or what not, but watch how the prices of all Stan Lee signed books skyrocket once he is not here with us! Then witness how many collectors will be searching out these gems, especially the books in which he actually wrote - such as this copy of "Tales of Suspense #52!" :preach:

So the bottom line is, "you can't go wrong with having your book signed by Stan "The Man" Lee!" I personally own some of the finest Wolverine books in the world signed by Stan Lee! Even though he did not create Wolverine or write his stories, when you have a top graded book, especially the second most popular character next to Spider-Man in the Marvel Universe, and you have Stan sign it - HIGH ROLLER VALUE!! :-)

I am currently working on having the first "10" Wolverine (1988) issues all signed by Stan!! I have the first 5 issues listed in my set, "Against All Odds!" I recently had issue #6 signed by Stan at the Albuquerque Comic Expo - so I should have that book back in a few weeks, as I paid for the "fast track" service. However, once I have these first ten issues signed by Stan, If I ever decide to auction off my set in 20-30 years from now, I can see them classifying my books as a Stan Lee "endorsed" Wolverine collection! :grin: They will all be HIGH in VALUE and unique in that I assembled a Stan Lee signature collection, in which I created "custom" templates for each book that Stan signed! So each Stan Lee signed book is extra "special!"

Well I am finished with this topic! I think I definitely got my points across - and if you haven't noticed yet, YES ... I AM PRO STAN LEE!!

BIG UPS TO THE GODFATHER!! WE LOVE YOU STAN!!

-Professor Pecora