• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ideas For Enhancing CGC Competitive Sets: Page Quality Points

24 posts in this topic

I don't know that it makes a difference, but while page quality and pedigrees are listed on the registry, they're not listed on the census. If adding points for page quality is as simple as you say though, I'm all for it! :)

sig.jpg

Look at this book from your registry set. (Nice copy, by the way!) It shows the PQ right there in the listing of the comic details. Obviously that information is tracked by CGC, otherwise when you put the bar code into the system it wouldn't be able to display the PQ. Incidentally, it could work the same way for pedigrees, as that info also pops up in the comic details when you have a pedigree book (just like this book from my TOS set) . So even though that information isn't available/searchable in the census, it is retrievable if you have the bar code.

So like I said, all you would need to do is put another instruction in the code for the registry to put the PQ multiplier into effect when you add a book to the registry. It wouldn't take anything more than one simple change for PQ to have an influence on the points.

I don't know that it makes a difference, but while page quality and pedigrees are listed on the registry, they're not listed on the census. If adding points for page quality is as simple as you say though, I'm all for it! :)

sig.jpg

Yes, it would be difficult to display on the census in it's current format. Too many permutations for a tabular display. However, they obviously have the information. It is displayed when you look up the book via the cert number and it is displayed on the registry. It would appear to be a minor programming change, real minor.

• Administrator

There is currently no way to distinguish the page quality for scoring purposes on the registry, the only distinguishing factor is the label type.