• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mindless Friday stuff to pass the time...

45 posts in this topic

NSFW!

I'm not sure how I stumbled onto this girls videos but some are funny in a goofy way and there's often some comic / pop culture reference.

NOT SAFE FOR WORK! (Language)

She can be crude or raunchy so if that kind of stuff offends you, you might not want to watch any of her videos...

What a dumb arse.

The future looks bright if she is up and coming.

doh!

Oh come on man, she's just trying to entertain.

What a dumb arse.

doh!

I just have a personal dislike for humour that abuses the F bomb. It's just a crutch for intelligent entertainment.

You can have comedy and entertainment without the F bomb, it just takes a little wit.

And I'm not a prude, I'll use the F bomb anytime I feel I need to. I just have this thing about using it as a crutch.

What a dumb arse.

doh!

I just have a personal dislike for humour that abuses the F bomb. It's just a crutch for intelligent entertainment.

You can have comedy and entertainment without the F bomb, it just takes a little wit.

And I'm not a prude, I'll use the F bomb anytime I feel I need to. I just have this thing about using it as a crutch.

There's definitely a tendency for people to overuse profanity in an attempt to be funny. Does seem like a crutch for some comics.

What a dumb arse.

doh!

I disagree. I think swear words are funny. I swear a lot. I have the vocabulary not to swear, but me I enjoy it.

What a dumb arse.

doh!

I disagree. I think swear words are funny. I swear a lot. I have the vocabulary not to swear, but me I enjoy it.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with swear words. It's all about timing and delivery. Usually it's not the swear word that's funny though, it's the build up leading up to it. The swearword just emphasizes the point. When it's overused as compensation for no buildup or substance, it's just dumb humour at that point to me.

I'm a huge fan of John Derringer on Q107 in Toronto. The guy is a genius. I've been listening to him for longer than I can remember. Funniest guy on radio and it's all improv for him and never uses a curse word.

It takes intelligence to make humour without being crude. I think there's been a huge pull back in the past 10 years or so.

Comedians can't be funny without saying pips, shinzle and frook.

Personally, I think it's watering comedy down and making it less funny as a result.