• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

I dont actually watch the show, somehow a little fat girl farting in public places is good enough to get paid 60k an episode. I am from Canada we for the most part can't understand the show but it is a big hit in the US :fear:
A quick google search reveals the family makes between 2-4 thousand per episode, making it possible for them to make $40 000 for the ten episode season. :shrug: I'm from Canada too and while I don't watch the program, I do understand the human condition to want to watch a train wreck.

I know they had a holdout because they didn't believe they were being paid enough and TLC upped their payday huge

Okay, I am going to switch things up a little and go a little old school. Hopefully someone has an interest in the offbeat here, though... so far that hasn't seemed to be the case. But whatever. If these don't get claimed, I will post a new offering later tonight.

Here's a batch of offbeat 80's books:

Puma Blues tpb signed by the writer and artist (some water damage)

Warlock 5 tpb

Best of Heavy Metal Magazine #2

Dragon Quest #1 - very early Tim Vigil art

D.P. 7 #1 - Best New Universe title by far. It's like the TV show Heroes, only 20 years earlier and not crappy

SAM_0254_zpsb23bff6d.jpg

p.s. I don't have any slabs or modern issues of X-Men or Spider-Man or tpb of hot titles from the last five years. Just in case anyone was waiting for my next offering in the hopes one of those things would be offered. :baiting:

I will work on putting together a second offering and will post it shortly and allow people to pick which of the two lots they want, though. (thumbs u

Second offering.

Here's how we're doing this: You can either pick my first offering of all that amazing offbeat 80's goodness, or you pick this one. They are both still up for grabs, but just one or the other, don't claim both.

This offering is some Dell/Gold Key jungle action.

The Tarzan in the upper left corner is a pre-code 10 center; it's missing a couple wraps at the centerfold.

SAM_0255_zps3e0b215e.jpg

Going to try something new. I 'm sure, of course, that my nobody has claimed either of my offerings yet simply because all the people with really good taste are still at work. ;) But just in case that's not the situation, I will now take requests.

Anything anybody is looking for? I probably don't have it, but who knows. Clearly different people here are waiting for different types of things to pop up, so let me know what kind of stuff you're looking for and I'll see what I can dig up.

Okay, offer #3. Nobody likes it when the thread gets bogged down for days, so I'm not going to wait around.

Again, all three of the lots I have offered are available, but just pick one of them; I'm not going to send all three lots to somebody. Any one of these is enough to make most people green with envy at their amazing luck at acquiring such awesome comics.

I'm hoping somebody reading this thread is interested in older stuff, because that's more or less all I have.

Here's the third offer:

Plop #1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 21 - these are lower grade readers, with the exception of #21, which is a nice mid-grade copy.

SAM_0258_zpsc825176e.jpg