• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

I am not trying to defend actions by anyone in this thread, but I understand not shipping something outside the US. The custom charges sometimes are rediculous, at one point earlier in the year my Aunt tried to send a gift from Virginia, 3 weeks later the package had been returned to her address and she had to pay close to $40 in phantom charges while the package never even got to me!

The receiver would pay any custom charges though.

Lots of countries don't have custom charges on comics of any value.

Most don't have any custom charges on low value comics as are usually traded in this thread.

The way i see it, the only reasons not to ship international are because of the costs, the extra couple of minutes it takes to fill out a custom form or xenophobia.

In defense of someone, I can ship within the U.S. via my office's mailroom for free, or at a 24 hour automated PO a couple blocks away from me. To ship internationally, I have to go much further to the huge PO and wait in a chaotic line for at least 30 minutes, watching people scream and yell at each other, usually during work hours or early Saturday morning.

It's not just an extra couple minutes for everyone.

If you've got a computer (which I assume you do lol ) you can print all those international forms and postage right there from the comfort of your own home/office and drop it off anywhere mail is accepted.

:takeit:

^^

(though Im bummed that I didnt get a chance to sell people on how cool some of these books are!)

Thanks so much!

There's some good reading there

I'll get something up in the next couple of hours...

You're taking too long! :taptaptap:

My offer:

Free media shipping to US

$10 shipping credit anywhere else (Canada, Portugal, Antartica) Claimer pays the difference.

10 pack of DC Trades/Prestige TPBs

Pt 1: Adam Strange 3 parter by Kubert

3Xr6c.jpg

Pt 2: Batman Elseworlds

Zf2CG.jpg

Pt 3: Randomness and a Vertigo Morrison!

xuC2b.jpg

Pt 4: Full TPB of The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told

M62RV.jpg

Awesome offer!!! I'm gonna have to check out those Adam Kubert Strange books hm

^^

(though Im bummed that I didnt get a chance to sell people on how cool some of these books are!)

Thanks so much!

lol

I'm searching the igloo for something right now...

^^

Thanks so much!

lol

I'm searching the igloo for something right now...

Better blow our collective mind. :baiting:

I am not trying to defend actions by anyone in this thread, but I understand not shipping something outside the US. The custom charges sometimes are rediculous, at one point earlier in the year my Aunt tried to send a gift from Virginia, 3 weeks later the package had been returned to her address and she had to pay close to $40 in phantom charges while the package never even got to me!

Most don't have any custom charges on low value comics as are usually traded in this thread.

The way i see it, the only reasons not to ship international are because of the costs, the extra couple of minutes it takes to fill out a custom form or xenophobia.

In defense of someone, I can ship within the U.S. via my office's mailroom for free, or at a 24 hour automated PO a couple blocks away from me. To ship internationally, I have to go much further to the huge PO and wait in a chaotic line for at least 30 minutes, watching people scream and yell at each other, usually during work hours or early Saturday morning.

If you've got a computer (which I assume you do lol ) you can print all those international forms and postage right there from the comfort of your own home/office and drop it off anywhere mail is accepted.

I've heard tell of this...where can I drop it off, I don't need to hand it to a teller at the post office?

I've heard tell of this...where can I drop it off, I don't need to hand it to a teller at the post office?

I hand mine to my postal carrier. You print your own receipt, they don't need to stamp anything or give you anything back so my carrier takes it. If I am driving by a post office I can leave it on the counter without waiting in line.

I hand mine to my postal carrier. You print your own receipt, they don't need to stamp anything or give you anything back so my carrier takes it. If I am driving by a post office I can leave it on the counter without waiting in line.

+1

I do the exact same. My post man is awesome, he is my neighbor also...great reliable person.

Well, I'm not sure if this is a good selection or not. I don't have anything of "wow" factor here so I tried to make up with quantity where the quality lacks.

Choose 3 of the following 4 choices in your ":takeit:" post, shipped free anywhere in the world where the mail man goes.

This will be a total of 45 books:

choice 1:

(all NM/M)

aachoice1.jpg

choice 2:

(All of these are NM/NM+ except Aliens that are VF/NM

aachoice2.jpg

choice 3:

(JL's VF to NM and the rest NM or better)

aachoice3.jpg

choice 4:

(VF to NM+)

aachoice4.jpg

Nice!

Nothing wrong with going the quantity approach!

There are some great reads in there (Semper Fi)

:applause:

Well, I'm not sure if this is a good selection or not. I don't have anything of "wow" factor here so I tried to make up with quantity where the quality lacks.

Choose 3 of the following 4 choices in your ":takeit:" post, shipped free anywhere in the world where the mail man goes.

This will be a total of 45 books:

choice 1:

(all NM/M)

aachoice1.jpg

choice 2:

(All of these are NM/NM+ except Aliens that are VF/NM

aachoice2.jpg

choice 3:

(JL's VF to NM and the rest NM or better)

aachoice3.jpg

choice 4:

(VF to NM+)

aachoice4.jpg

Those Dinosaurs for Hire are hilarious too...

shouldn't be too long...

I did warn another boardie who collects Alien books about your offer so you might want to leave that one up along with the new one... Just in case! (thumbs u