• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

So I've got zero interest in any of the items currently up for offer, but I'll pretend I claimed something and put up an offer if no one is going to complain about that? Unless we want to see if we can flirt with 2 weeks of no movement?

Ok so in order to get this ball rolling again, :takeit: on the previous offer.

I only pointed out that I'm not actually interested in anything from the previous offer and not actually receiving it because I don't want to be held out for claiming something for a week. I would have just said I'd take it and then tell him privately not to worry about sending me anything, but I don't want to have to miss out on claiming something.

My offer is a complete run of The New Avengers issues #1-64, Annuals 1, 2 and 3, and The New Avengers Finale. Books conditions mostly range in the VF to NM range, with some possibly dipping below that. Shipping in USA is free, and will cover first $15 of shipping internationally. Image provided is just a few stock cover images, not the actual books, but should suffice so you recognize what series is being offered.

2v92jc4.jpg

Ok so in order to get this ball rolling again, :takeit: on the previous offer.

I only pointed out that I'm not actually interested in anything from the previous offer and not actually receiving it because I don't want to be held out for claiming something for a week. I would have just said I'd take it and then tell him privately not to worry about sending me anything, but I don't want to have to miss out on claiming something.

My offer is a complete run of The New Avengers issues #1-64, Annuals 1, 2 and 3, and The New Avengers Finale. Books conditions mostly range in the VF to NM range, with some possibly dipping below that. Shipping in USA is free, and will cover first $15 of shipping internationally. Image provided is just a few stock cover images, not the actual books, but should suffice so you recognize what series is being offered.

2v92jc4.jpg

:takeit:

:banana:

Really?

Hey man sorry if your feelings are hurt or something, I didn't want to see that happen, but it's been like 9 days since you have claimed an item, and it doesn't look like anyone has been interested in what you've been offering.

I'm the only one who is out anything, by choosing to move the thread forward without having gotten something first. I don't see why anyone, including you, should be upset. If you want to feel good, take whatever you would have given me and donate it to a group like a children's hospital or send it overseas to our military troops so they've got something to read in the sand box. I'd be happy with that.

This thread is supposed to let people have fun. Like I said I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt or anything, but I didn't go calling you out or crapping on your offers, so don't take it personally, but it's hard for people to have any fun in this thread when it's sitting idle for more than a week.

Is not the entire point of this thread to give back for what you claim?

At what point did this thread develop a desire to hold out until something really "good" is offered and hope you are there to claim in the 13 seconds it takes to disappear?

This quote of yours seems to personify exactly what I mean:

Because you didn't overtly on me I should be thankful you decided to completely skip my turn to give back?

If you want to keep the thread moving then place your :takeit: and follow the rules set up in this thread. Everyone has the power to move the thread forward at any time there is an offer on the table. I'm not looking for a reason to feel good about myself; but I am looking to maintain the rules that I signed up for when I posted my :takeit:

No, Come on, techvoodoo should get to claim... :eyeroll:

I get why Mr Wiggles may be slightly put off. I at first thought the same thing, why not just claim one of Mr. Wiggles random items and then put something up to get it going again but as techvoodoo pointed out, that would prevent him from getting to play again and would kinda be a double wammy for his nice gesture so I appreciate techvoodoo stepping up to get the ball rolling again and think we should just keep it moving and continue the fun. (thumbs u

I wholeheartedly disagree.

RULES:

-Only one :takeit: every 7 days per member. However, if an item is not claimed within 24 hours, anyone is welcome to take it (no matter when they last claimed book(s). Just don't be greedy!

... but as techvoodoo pointed out, that would prevent him from getting to play again...

It would also be following the rules established with the creation of the thread we are having this conversation in.

Here's my offer: the 1st five tpb's of Invincible. All in really nice shape.

Shipping in USA is free, and will cover first $15 of shipping internationally.

Invincible_zpse5ad57e6.jpg

:takeit:

:applause:

Invincible is a great read! (thumbs u

Missed this :( when you done reading em send em this guys way. Read #1 on the plane today.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

RULES:

-Only one :takeit: every 7 days per member. However, if an item is not claimed within 24 hours, anyone is welcome to take it (no matter when they last claimed book(s). Just don't be greedy!

... but as techvoodoo pointed out, that would prevent him from getting to play again...

It would also be following the rules established with the creation of the thread we are having this conversation in.

I get it, you are technically right. But is enforcing the rules and being technically right so important in a situation where someone was just doing a good deed to get the ball rolling again(witch it quickly did).

I guess I would just consider the intentions and motivations of the "accused" in most situations and wouldn't be so quick to enforce a rule that in this case does more harm then good.

Not all rules are met to be enforced the same way at all times. It's like the difference between dealing with a reasonable cop and an ahole cop who just wants to "enforce" despite the situation.