• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Okay, back to the drawing board. I am going to offer four options. Please only pick one of those options. I would prefer to mail to the United States, but if something is claimed by someone outside our borders, I will see what I can do.

Option 1: An original, unused advertising poster for Grant Morrison's seminal JLA run. You will also receive a poster of Superman by Jon Bogdanove, because, why not:

SAM_0517.jpg

Option 2: A mystery box containing 10-15 comics. These will be from all sorts of time periods and genres, but let's face it, mostly bronze age. Update: I am going to make this a true sampler. This mystery box will contain at least one comic from each of the following genres: superhero, war, romance, horror, crime, fantasy, sci-fi, humor, western, jungle, educational and funny animal

box_hhcmb12.png

Er, wait, wrong box. I meant:

mystery-box-350x300.jpg

Option 3: Peter Panzerfaust TBP #1 and Fables TPB #2:

SAM_0522.jpg

Option 4: Thawk wanted something featuring someone from DC's big three. So here's a batch of 11 Superman family comics. It includes reader copies of Supergirl ('96 series) #4, Superman #75 (Death of Superman 2nd Print), Lois Lane #127, Adventure Comics #384, Action Comics #397, Jimmy Olsen #114 and #147, DC Comics Presents #30 (co-starring Black Canary), Superman #322 (Whitman edition), Superman #400 and Superman Family #193. All guaranteed to be between 1.5 and 9.6:

SAM_0528.jpg

And as a bonus, whoever claims any of these options will also receive an incomplete copy of Boy Comics #35 from 1947 featuring art by the criminally underrated Norman Maurer:

SAM_0325.jpg

Which I personally guarantee will change your life.

I am going to add the rare Fifth Option. It's kind of like the Fifth Sleeper, but without as much Red Skull.

The other four options are still on the table as well. Please just pick one.

Option Five: The 4-issue Marvel event The Siege and it's follow-up, the 5-issue limited series Avengers: Prime, featuring the Big Three Avengers as drawn by the great Alan Davis. Cap makes out with a blue elf! It's like the World of Warcraft fanfic you never dared write!

SAM_0322.jpg

In the interest of moving things along, I am just going to keep throwing things at the wall until someone claims something. Don't worry, if you miss out on something you wanted, I'm sure I'll be offering all this same junk incredible loot again next time it's my turn.

Option Six: Okay, right up front, this book is Incomplete. The middle two wraps are missing. This does not affect the Captain Marvel story at all, but it does mean the entire Spy Smasher story is missing except for the splash page. Otherwise, everything is here in this low grade copy of Whiz Comics #24, including a full-page ad for the famous X-Mas special.

This has a great war time cover, which is interesting because, well, see the date on this? That's November 28, 1941, or just nine days before Pearl Harbor. So we weren't even in the war yet when this came out. But Cap helps some British agents foil a Nazi scheme with his usual pluck and wit.

Low grade, incomplete, but very cool reading and it presents pretty well all things considered. I probably should keep this one, but what the hell. Someone may enjoy it more than I do, and that's the spirit of this thread.

SAM_0539.jpg

Still taking requests as well. I mean, I probably won't have what you want, but anything's possible.

Well only because you asked, lol...Saga or Thief of Thieves TPB's or maybe gi joe or tmnt stuff for us children of the 80's and of course I love anything Simpsons related but your offers are great as is, I really want to read that Panzerfaust book...

Still taking requests as well. I mean, I probably won't have what you want, but anything's possible.

Well only because you asked, lol...Saga or Thief of Thieves TPB's or maybe gi joe or tmnt stuff for us children of the 80's and of course I love anything Simpsons related but your offers are great as is, I really want to read that Panzerfaust book...

Looks like this will have to wait until next time. I was just uploading a picture of an issue of Gobbledygook, but didn't quite get it done in time. Ah, well.

Looks like this will have to wait until next time. I was just uploading a picture of an issue of Gobbledygook, but didn't quite get it done in time. Ah, well.

:o

hm

(tsk)

lol