• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Now taking requests. If there's something specific you want, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Chances are I don't have whatever bizarre comic fetish you're trying to satisfy, but anything is possible.
Got any Goon TPBs?

Sorry, afraid not. I only have this issue of Goon because someone threw it into a lot I bought off the boards a while back.

darkhawk ?????

That's a funny one, but serious inquires only, please.

:sumo:

ASM :)

I don't have any ASM, sorry.

Keep the requests coming! Or just claim one of my previous offers. Either or.

I don't joke about Darkhawk. IF I was joking I'd ask for SleepWalker

You know what I want :sumo:

You mean something like this?

SAM_0698.jpg

Unfortunately, my copy is only a 9.0 at best, so I just don't think it's up to your standards. I don't want to insult your collection, so I guess I will hang onto this one. :sorry:

Still taking requests!

Option 2: Ten Random Comics (From my reader beware pile) :tonofbricks:

Dont have a pic adds to the mystery :o

:takeit:

I finally got the Marvel reader lot from Mkkiller. Bunch of mostly X-Men related books. I am happy with them since they were free after all. Thanks, Mkkiller.

Low grade bronze slabs

Don't have either low grade bronze slabs or Death In the Family, sorry.

I'll let the 5 current offers percolate overnight. if nothing is claimed by tomorrow afternoon, I will add a couple more optons. For those waiting for something mind-blowing to come up - beside the incredible stuff I have already posted - here's a rundown of things we have established you will not be seeing: More modern TPBs, low grade bronze slabs, ASM issues, Darkhawk, Death In the Family or high grade Spider-Woman. Still taking requests, of course, just not for those things, sorry.

At some point in this thread, someone is going to request Bill Willingham's Elementals and they are going to have their day made. hm

The current offers:

Okay, here we go.

I am going to list a bunch of options. These will be clearly labeled with the word Option.

Please pick ONE of these options.

I will ship to USA and Canada on my dime. Other international, I will cover the first $15 and you'll pick up the rest of the tab.

It's that simple, folks.

Option 1: In a Pay It Forward first, I'm going to actually offer the exact same thing I just claimed! It will be a mystery box comprised entirely of Archie comics, with various titles and time periods represented. Woot.

archie_logo650x200.jpg

Option 2: Continuing the theme, this option is comprised of TPBs and Graphic Novels I have received in previous Pay It Forward lots I have claimed! The lucky winner will receive the first Peter Panzerfaust TPB, as well the seminal Green Lantern story Ganthet's Tale as well as Alan Grant's Batman/Demon teamup:

SAM_0694.jpg

Option 3: This unused advertising poster for the first issue of Grant Morrison's classic JLA run! I still can't believe nobody has picked this yet.

SAM_0517.jpg

Option 4: A full set of Siege and the subsequent Avengers: Prime mini-series. These issues ended the Dark Marvel era and basically completed the meta-arc begun with Civil War. Also, Cap makes out with a blue elf lady even though he's still in a relationship with Sharon Carter. What happens in Niffelheim stays in Niffelheim, I guess. Art by the great Alan Davis! Writing by the incredibly terrible Brian Michael Bendis! Hey, you can't win 'em all.

SAM_0322.jpg

Option 5: Low grade Silver Age reader lot. These are low grade. And readers. So you know. But Silver Age goodness!

The previous options are also still available:

SAM_0697.jpg

Additionally, whoever claims something will also receive this mid-grade copy of Goon #4, plus whatever else I have lying around to throw in:

SAM_0695.jpg

It's time for the rarely seen Option Six!

Option Six: Kurt Busiek's magnum opus Astro City just relaunched this month with a new series under the Vertigo imprint. So if you've been wondering just what the fuss has been all about for the past 15+ years, here's your chance to get in on the ground floor of one of the best superhero series ever made.

Included is a complete run of the original six issue Astro City series that started it all! Every one of these issues is an indisputable classic. Meet Samaritan, Winged Victory, Crackerjack, Silver Agent and the rest of the Astro City gang. But here's a warning: Once you read tyhese awesome comics, you'll be hooked - and there's 54 more issues after this you'll have to track down on your own.

SAM_0701.jpg